Tried a new recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I had planted some purple potatoes last year. I apparently did not find all of them last fall because I had potato plants this year - and then the lawn guy's son-in-lawn mowed them down when mowing the "hayfield" aka my back yard. I was able to find some, but not all so perhaps I will have potatoes next year.
Anyway, I found a recipe for a potato roll. I thought it would be neat to make it with the purple potatoes. Last night's guest got in late & I offered him a sausage & egg supper (instead of the repeat from last stay go Chinese). I roasted Ethiopia coffee as he requested and made (the last until I get more venision) my maple venison sausage for breakfast - cooking a couple of them for him last night. He left me a $40 tip!!!
I substituted an egg mixture for the ground beef layer since I had the sausage. On parchment paper, spread shredded parmesan cheese, cover with thinly sliced potatoes, add another layer of parmesan and bake at 350 for 30 min. Spred om the baked potatoe/parmesan layer a layer of spinach wilted in a small amount of olive oil with minced garlic and mixed with ricotta cheese. Then I put the cooked egg mixture (normally a ground beef mixture) sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese, roll up and bake for anotehjr 15 min. He loved it (even having a second helping) and I liked it also. Served it with herb bread toast (I baked bread yesterday), fruit juices, fruit dish, and muffins.
PotatoRolgillumhouse.JPG

Thanks for sharing recipe, its looking awesom. If got a chance I will gonna try it.

Back