Trip Advisor Analytics

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecondAct

Reaction score
Hi Everyone ... I rarely post anymore, but make no mistake; I check this site at least weekly, if not daily. I'm still an aspiring, but whether or not I ever fulfill my dream, I'm a loyal fan of all your great experience and information.
So, today I have a question. Does Trip Advisor (or any review or hosting system, for that matter) offer analytics that help you to know the things that guests are interested in the most, find the most pleasing, find lacking in establishments they've stayed at, they've rated the highest, the lowest, etc., etc. You get my drift. I guess what I want to know is, what feedback site or source do you follow that tells you what your "must-haves" are for your B&B?

The best source for must haves is your target market. What do they require?
That said, i will reaD reviews on TA for ideas.

I was wondering about you SecondAct, glad you are still kickin'! I thought you may have changed your user id or something.
There is no site that tells us, there is trending of course, and when it trends you will catch it here first! As you can see most of us are no longer speaking about the "must have jacuzzi tub" they are not the hot topic now, for a few years.
Obv WIFI
Private baths
Extended check out
I am sure there have been a few studies done asking quests to rate things of importance. (Keep an eye on the left panel of this page as we have a feed to a few of these once in a while). Trending in the USA is much different to the UK.
Glad to hear from you SecondAct!

Second:
I lurked and posted a question or two for three years on various sites before we opened. Avoiding mistakes is SO much better than making them.
wink_smile.gif

I was wondering about you SecondAct, glad you are still kickin'! I thought you may have changed your user id or something.
There is no site that tells us, there is trending of course, and when it trends you will catch it here first! As you can see most of us are no longer speaking about the "must have jacuzzi tub" they are not the hot topic now, for a few years.
Obv WIFI
Private baths
Extended check out
I am sure there have been a few studies done asking quests to rate things of importance. (Keep an eye on the left panel of this page as we have a feed to a few of these once in a while). Trending in the USA is much different to the UK.
Glad to hear from you SecondAct!.
For UK and I am sure USA is the same and probably the world
(1) ensuite ie in room bathroom
(2) wifi preferably free
(3) Parking
(4) proximity to XYZ attractions
(5) extended check out and early check in -with or without fees

Awww, it's nice to be missed. Yep, still kickin. :) Thanks to all for their input. I was reading an article somewhere and WiFi is definitely at the top of the list currently. Agree with the private baths, and hadn't thought about the parking, but can see where that would be important as well. JB, so funny on the jacuzzi tubs, so true.

Partly its about thinking about what do you want as a traveller? for myself I want
(1) parking
(2) reasonable amount of quiet ie don't expect not a single noise but also don't expect a club undeneath
(3) comfortable bed and staff there at least to greet me - unless done by prior arrangement

Awww, it's nice to be missed. Yep, still kickin. :) Thanks to all for their input. I was reading an article somewhere and WiFi is definitely at the top of the list currently. Agree with the private baths, and hadn't thought about the parking, but can see where that would be important as well. JB, so funny on the jacuzzi tubs, so true..
Welcome back, SecondAct!
Yeah, I don't think the giant jetted tubs are that important anymore. But, I definitely think that up-to-date bathrooms (and if they are done very nicely with tile, nice fixtures, elongated toilets, etc. that makes a big difference) and bathrooms where you can put all your stuff are VERY important!! (Stayed recently at a great place, but the bathroom was tiny and there was no place for one person's stuff, let alone the two of us.)
And, don't forget breakfast! The second "B" is still a huge drawing card for B&Bs/inns!!

Back