Trip Advisor Business Listing for 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If you paid for an introductory listing on TA will you be renewing for 2011?
The price for B&B's are not available as of yet, the "standard price" is $600.00 TA said they would probably offer a special rate to those who renew, perhaps $400 or similar.
Care to share the outcome from your Inns listing on TA as a paid directory in 2010?
All feedback is valued on this forum. Appreciate your time and attention to helping others here get the best bang for their buck!
(If you can possibly share numbers or percentages as well, that would be even better for those of us who innjoy seeing figures vs lengthy discussion) CHEERS!

If I were still at the Inn, I wouldn't. Last I knew, there were only a couple dozen click throughs and NO reservations that came from their site.

We have asked to be taken off auto-renew, and we wouldn't choose to renew unless the price comes down under $200. We get about one click-thru a day, not enough to warrant more than that on a per-click basis. I told the rep that when he called about the auto-renew.

I signed up for their 30 day trial, not a single click through. Maybe it generates business for hotels, but I don't see where it has generated a dime for me. I would not suggest paying their $400-$600.

I also signed up for their 30 day trial (in France, charging 179€ for first year, that is 50% of normal price, they say).
In 20 days, only recorded 13 visits on my website (Statcounter). I will cancel before the end of the 30 free days. Not worth it.
Might not be so relevant for US owners, but as JB said, "All feedback is valued on this forum"...

a mere 3 click thrus for our busiest month of Oct thru today Nov 30th. I get 50 times more from hijacked freaky weird websites. I won't be renewing.

My email about renewing said the price was $495.
They have consistently not been in the top 10. I think I mentioned somewhere else that the price per click was $1. So, getting 300 views in a year is pretty sad. More guests last year, without the link, said they found us on TA. Or, at least, they used TA in part of their planning.

The phone number to reach either the Business Listings team or the customer support team is 1-866-322-5942.

I called last week to have the auto-renew taken off. What happened at the time was they also cancelled the remaining months on my account. Got through today and had a lovely chat with someone who said they must have misunderstood what I said because they refunded the remaining money when they removed my link.
So, long and short of it is that they reinstated the link AND let me keep the refund. And took me off the auto-renew.
Which I thought was very nice. I told them no one mentioned the refund when I called or I never would have called trying to find out what was going on with the link. And the refund had not shown up on my credit card account as of this morning.

Back