Trip Advisor certificates

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Did you get a certificate from Trip Advisor?
Nice cert of excellence with embossed seal for 2010.
I am putting mine up in the foyer for guests to see and remember to review us. :)

more power to Trip Advisor I'd say. Meaning if you don't have one somehow that establishment would be rated as inferior. I am certain is the part of TA's marketing plan.... THEIR plan not ours...The B and B we are trying to purchase rates 5 out of 7 on TA for our district (most competition is from the tourist hotels)and it IS getting tired and run down. We are hoping to bring some "energy" back into the place and finding this forum so helpful and....... well......energising. JJ

Nothing wrong with an award, I will say I am quite proud of it and got a document frame for it. We work dang hard to please our guests and make everyone happy. If TA wants to hand them out, then good on em, their prerogative, and yes sure it is for more name recognition for or from TA. I hope it spawns more reviews from our guests once they read the certificate.
Like I have said, when people say who cares what is said on TA, well millions of people do, millions use Trip Advisor, and I thank them for allowing inns an oppty to speak back in mgmt responses, and showcase our inns with uploaded photos and information.

We just received ours today for Dar Zaman (we're a riad in the Marrakech medina). We're thrilled, it's a great testament to the hard work and effort put in by all of our staff and we'll be putting ours in a frame by the front door!
riad-marrakesh.jpg

Wow. We have not been given a sticker, award or anything. I wonder how they are deciding who to award and who not to? We're rated #2 for our town for B&B and #3 for things to do with the wine tours. Not good enough???
RIki

We just received ours today for Dar Zaman (we're a riad in the Marrakech medina). We're thrilled, it's a great testament to the hard work and effort put in by all of our staff and we'll be putting ours in a frame by the front door!
riad-marrakesh.jpg
dar zaman riad marrakech said:
riad-marrakesh.jpg
Welcome to the forum!
We had a close friend who travels to Marrakech for a month or two each year. Always nice to hear of lovely inns like yours.
Nice posting the certificate on the website too!

Does anyone know if this was sent to only those getting the 5 Star Rating....or to EVERYONE??? An early ploy by TA because the yearly fee is coming due soon. How many are willing to pay them $600 a year? I bet there is another discount in the offing:)

I thought I was getting the certificates and awards because we are rated very high for our area but are not yet paid members...so I thought it was an enticement to become a paid member, but if people who already ARE paid members are getting them then my theory's out the window.
My 2 cents: Those who know about TA are already using it, the sticker/certificate is not going to affect them. For those who don't use it, I don't want to encourage it, so I'm not going to advertise for them.
Based on the legal actions that are brewing against TA, I would bet that in the very near future owners will at least get the option to have their property removed from the TA site if they wish to, preventing TA from being able to use the owners' business name for marketing.

I thought I was getting the certificates and awards because we are rated very high for our area but are not yet paid members...so I thought it was an enticement to become a paid member, but if people who already ARE paid members are getting them then my theory's out the window.
My 2 cents: Those who know about TA are already using it, the sticker/certificate is not going to affect them. For those who don't use it, I don't want to encourage it, so I'm not going to advertise for them.
Based on the legal actions that are brewing against TA, I would bet that in the very near future owners will at least get the option to have their property removed from the TA site if they wish to, preventing TA from being able to use the owners' business name for marketing..
Well if the legal actions against them go....every other "comment / review" site for everything is in jeopardy. I think they will claim freedom of speech on this one. In that everyone has a right to express their opinions. Though I don't condone false accusations being put on line. I don't know how they would overcome this. They cannot possibly confirm every review. They will say that owners are given the opportunity to post a response and that is all they have to do. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I mean ..if WikiLeaks can post all these secret govn't records....TA is small potatoes and not even close to that kind of thing.

Based on the legal actions that are brewing against TA, I would bet that in the very near future owners will at least get the option to have their property removed from the TA site if they wish to, preventing TA from being able to use the owners' business name for marketing..
Well if the legal actions against them go....every other "comment / review" site for everything is in jeopardy. I think they will claim freedom of speech on this one. In that everyone has a right to express their opinions. Though I don't condone false accusations being put on line. I don't know how they would overcome this. They cannot possibly confirm every review. They will say that owners are given the opportunity to post a response and that is all they have to do. Will be interesting to see what happens.
I mean ..if WikiLeaks can post all these secret govn't records....TA is small potatoes and not even close to that kind of thing.
catlady said:
Good point. But people should have an opt-out capability. I definitely don't think you will see TA going away any time soon, but the carte blanche ability to have anything against any business IN WRITING is going to stop.

Well since it is TA I would say a ploy to get renewals on the biz listing. But of course.
teeth_smile.gif

BUT IN TOTAL DEFENSE OF TA at least we got them, vs say Bed and Breakfast.com who only sends out an excellence award to a handful of inns, when the rest of us who were busting our humps to ask guests to send in those stupid cards (at the time) never got a mention or acknowledgement in any form. Oh then they said send them to BandB to review and save $5 a month on your listing. So the ploy is the ploy is the ploy. The rest who were faithful subscribers as the price went up and up and up on bedandbreakfast.com and continued to pay the high fees for the 7+ years.
By the way as way of a side-rant (that is what I will call this) my final LOST CREDIT CARD guest was here this weekend, and bless their hearts they paid cash.
Background: This was when webervations who said it was MY BROWSER set up that deleted all future reservation credit card details and had NO BACK UP FOR ME - they say they DO HAVE BACK UPS but would not be able to get them for me (who has been on weberv since the inception and on bandb.com since it's inception), told me to "just call all of your guests and get the credit card information again" and then I cancelled both webervations and bedandbreakfast.com and went with http://www.reservationkey.com/ and have been quite happy ever since... It did not cost me any bookings, Bedandbreakfast.com was never a winner and never brought in bookings in THIS AREA.
(I am not saying any of this in meanness, in fact I am in a great mood, just wanted to share this now that it is all over. You know me by now, I say it how it is, and that is how it was!
Don't let fear of change hold you back from making improvements to your day to day operations at your inn!)
cheers.gif

Does anyone know if this was sent to only those getting the 5 Star Rating....or to EVERYONE??? An early ploy by TA because the yearly fee is coming due soon. How many are willing to pay them $600 a year? I bet there is another discount in the offing:).
catlady said:
Does anyone know if this was sent to only those getting the 5 Star Rating....or to EVERYONE??? An early ploy by TA because the yearly fee is coming due soon. How many are willing to pay them $600 a year? I bet there is another discount in the offing:)
The accompanying letter said they were sending them to inns that had signed up to advertise on TA. I don't know if you needed to attain a certain number of stars as well. It was the 'signed up' part that got the certificate mailed I'm pretty sure.

Does anyone know if this was sent to only those getting the 5 Star Rating....or to EVERYONE??? An early ploy by TA because the yearly fee is coming due soon. How many are willing to pay them $600 a year? I bet there is another discount in the offing:).
catlady said:
The accompanying letter said they were sending them to inns that had signed up to advertise on TA. I don't know if you needed to attain a certain number of stars as well. It was the 'signed up' part that got the certificate mailed I'm pretty sure.
Oh ok..that is it then...the folks who paid for their listing link.

catlady said:
Alibi Ike said:
I haven't seen one yet. #1 in the town and paid listing.

catlady said:
Alibi Ike said:
muirford said:
Alibi Ike said:
We are also a paid link, and #2 in our town, not received one either
RIki

catlady said:
Alibi Ike said:
yep. me too.

So... how do you get one of these? We are rated #1 & haven't gotten one..

Back