Trip Advisor has major problems !

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The horrible review(Dont Bother) was taken off a few days ago and the newer great review was back(previously dropped by TA) Now as I look at TA, the horrible review is back and the great review is gone?. Trip Advisor has major problems and we are all victoms of their whims, as I see it.Mary in Bwater
help.gif

I've noticed a lot more whimsy lately in which reviews stay and which get pulled.

I received this email from their support team two days ago.
We're sending this message to you because you had posted in our Owners Forum about a missing review on your page. While we cannot say for sure that your property has been affected, we have identified a bug that resulted in some of our members' reviews being removed from the site. While this has affected only a small fraction of our community and properties on the site, we value every review and opinion and expect to have many of these posts republished as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience to our community and the property owners, and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions I would encourage you to engage in further discussion in our Owners Forum - there is a stickied thread at the top of the forum about this topic.

I received this email from their support team two days ago.
We're sending this message to you because you had posted in our Owners Forum about a missing review on your page. While we cannot say for sure that your property has been affected, we have identified a bug that resulted in some of our members' reviews being removed from the site. While this has affected only a small fraction of our community and properties on the site, we value every review and opinion and expect to have many of these posts republished as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience to our community and the property owners, and appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions I would encourage you to engage in further discussion in our Owners Forum - there is a stickied thread at the top of the forum about this topic..
Yeah, it's been three days now and I don't see my review back up.
RIki

I've noticed a lot more whimsy lately in which reviews stay and which get pulled..
Traded out last week for some needed time off. Of course I submitted a TA review when I returned. Guess what...my good review of the place we stayed had did not stick. What gives?

I've noticed a lot more whimsy lately in which reviews stay and which get pulled..
Traded out last week for some needed time off. Of course I submitted a TA review when I returned. Guess what...my good review of the place we stayed had did not stick. What gives?
Hangfive said:
Did you get an email from TA asking you to verify you wrote the review?

Hangfive said:
Morticia said:
Hangfive said:
On the PAII chatboard they came on about last Thursday/Friday to say that they "found a glitch" in their system and that the missing evals were very few and that they would be put back up asap. I'm still waiting to see mine return. Don't have much faith in that. Don't think they care. I still am interested that this "glitch" only deleted glowing reviews.
Riki

Hangfive said:
Morticia said:
Hangfive said:
On the PAII chatboard they came on about last Thursday/Friday to say that they "found a glitch" in their system and that the missing evals were very few and that they would be put back up asap. I'm still waiting to see mine return. Don't have much faith in that. Don't think they care. I still am interested that this "glitch" only deleted glowing reviews.
Riki
egoodell said:
I still am interested that this "glitch" only deleted glowing reviews.
Riki
That is interesting!

Hangfive said:
Morticia said:
Hangfive said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
That is interesting!
Morticia said:
egoodell said:
Riki
That is interesting!
Just looked and now my recent and only bad review is gone, and a new glowing review is in. I know from other's experience this will not last long. Other's poor ones disappeared and returned. DH hopes it's gone since they did not stay here but I doubt it. Plus our star rating is still down from it.
RIki

Back