Trip Advisor ...more problems

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that certainly makes sense. We can't just make up "quotes" from guests and publish them as fact. Why be able to use "quotes" from TA reviewers when we don't know who they are?

...Kwikchex has sparked a second probe by the UK advertising watchdog ...the second claims existing advertising rules mean no reviews can be used to market product if the author’s identity cannot be verified.
I assume those "existing advertising rules" are UK laws. Are there any such restrictions in the USA?

Reminds me of the photo thing, if a person is in a public place you can take their photo and use it wherever you wish (not speaking about children). If you post something publicly then it is there, especially if it is anon.

Reminds me of the photo thing, if a person is in a public place you can take their photo and use it wherever you wish (not speaking about children). If you post something publicly then it is there, especially if it is anon..
Not around here, you can't. People have to give consent. Only if they are in a place where they know they would be photographed or if they are in public and are unidentifiable. Heck, I can get in trouble for posting a clear licence plate on a car.
The entire Google streetview in Canada has faces obscured and a single complaint will get a photo removed. I still laugh sometimes... look at g.co/maps/s9b9v and you see the licence plates are obscured and yet the illegal act of double parking by a police officer can be seen and identified because of the markings on the car.

Back