Trip Advisor - referrals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't be paying $600. I paid $300 to test the waters (this year). I hope TA realizes this, not many will be paying this, the big hotel chains will pay their even higher rates though, I am sure.
I am not on the gorilla any longer, and I got an email as an EX CHIMP today...so now I get those mailings/newsletters.

I won't be paying $600. I paid $300 to test the waters (this year). I hope TA realizes this, not many will be paying this, the big hotel chains will pay their even higher rates though, I am sure.
I am not on the gorilla any longer, and I got an email as an EX CHIMP today...so now I get those mailings/newsletters..
Joey Bloggs said:
I am not on the gorilla any longer, and I got an email as an EX CHIMP today...so now I get those mailings/newsletters.
I hope they realize this, too.
$600 is just too much for small inns to pay. $300 is still a bit high for just the privilege of adding a link, but it's $300 that I think is still well worth it for most inns.

I am not on the gorilla any longer, and I got an email as an EX CHIMP today...so now I get those mailings/newsletters..
I have a hunch they will be giving some sort of offer to B & B's ...they certainly don't want to lose all the ones they got this year. Maybe a deal in conjunction with PAII membership like this year.

So now TA is doing marketing calls!!!! Received a call this moring wanting to make sure we knew about and were utalizing all the 'tools' TAhas for bringing in reservations. Since I do, I just had to ask "have you looked at my TA listing?" Great big pause then "well, to be honest, NO"

I have a hunch they will be giving some sort of offer to B & B's ...they certainly don't want to lose all the ones they got this year. Maybe a deal in conjunction with PAII membership like this year.
catlady said:
I've seen only a small handful of click throughs since we bought the link at the beginning of the year....they would have to offer another year free for me to renew it.

No, there was never a link to a B&B website on Trip Advisor before Jan 1, 2010..
Oh yes there was, they linked to our web site
maybe not every web site but we were linked at no cost for a few years, and then they discontinueds the link and charge for it now.
We have a tripadvisor link from our web site to our reviews for guests to view.

No, there was never a link to a B&B website on Trip Advisor before Jan 1, 2010..
maybe not every web site but we were linked at no cost for a few years, and then they discontinueds the link and charge for it now.
Sorry but I have been following TA since the beginning and I never saw a link to anyone's website unless you were part of hotels.com or expedia...maybe????

Sorry but I have been following TA since the beginning and I never saw a link to anyone's website unless you were part of hotels.com or expedia...maybe????
There were a VERY small number of B&Bs that had links some time ago - maybe from when they first started TA. One that I checked out in Key West had a link, and I emailed TA to find out why and how could I get one. At that time (6 years ago, maybe) - they said they were no longer offering links but had done so for a limited number of properties before. At that time it was rare, but there were a few.

There were a VERY small number of B&Bs that had links some time ago - maybe from when they first started TA. One that I checked out in Key West had a link, and I emailed TA to find out why and how could I get one. At that time (6 years ago, maybe) - they said they were no longer offering links but had done so for a limited number of properties before. At that time it was rare, but there were a few.
Ok I stand corrected :) Thanks. Guess I never looked at any that had links.

Back