Trip Advisor Reviews

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Can someone explain why some B&B's have a LOT of reviews and others have none? Is it just up to the guest to know that he can post a review? Or do B&B's sign up to be a part of TA? I am clueless in K'zoo!

Some of each. An inn can get listed and I think a guest can list you by doing a review. Some inns are more assertive about reviews. Some less so. We fall in the middle I suppose. We have a TA account and we can use the tools they provide if we wish. They do have a new stat tracker that gives you a glance at your ratings by category. That's helpful.

I hadn't heard of Trip Advisor until a guest from Florida told me to keep an eye on my emails. About 2 weeks later I receive an email telling me that I had been rated on trip advisor. To this date, I have never asked anyone to add their comments on the site, yet, I have received 11 in total. What is most interesting is that a lot of younger travellers swear by Trip Advisor and tell us they reserved our B&B based upon the posted reviews.
Go figure!

when i learned about trip advisor and knew that some people look to it for a recommendation, i started actively lobbying for reviews. if someone told me they loved the place or were really happy about their stay, i asked them to please post a review on trip advisor or bandb.com ... we also had postcards that year provided by bandb for them to send in their reviews. so we ended up with some reviews. but not a lot. i stopped asking when i knew i was going to leave ~ my heart wasn't in it when i discovered that a lot of the reviews had to do with me personally.

Back