Trip Advisor Top 10 B&Bs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are these??? These aren't their official top 10 ones for the year. It sounds like some sort of promo or something. I don't get it.

Top 10 to-die-for inns and B&Bs; doesn't fit into any normal cateogry imho
Ok, frankly speaking, even I don't get it !

They are probably not getting any of us to buy into the pay to be listed with the website so are trying to get exposure to the B&Bs to try and get more to sign up. It looks like all on the list but 2 have the paid for link.
RIki

How much do you think they paid? Or do you think that TA actually does this based on the commission that they make on Expedia for these reservations?
They can't seem to keep up to date with what they need to do on their own website, but seem to have time to send us out emails on random subjects.

They are probably not getting any of us to buy into the pay to be listed with the website so are trying to get exposure to the B&Bs to try and get more to sign up. It looks like all on the list but 2 have the paid for link.
RIki.
Have you seen the latest incarnation? When you go to a TA page, a scroll down comes down to try to get you to make a reservation on Hotels.com or Expedia.com which are both owned by the same company.

How much do you think they paid? Or do you think that TA actually does this based on the commission that they make on Expedia for these reservations?
They can't seem to keep up to date with what they need to do on their own website, but seem to have time to send us out emails on random subjects..
They have a flat rate for a yearly link. It was originally $500 but the first year they gave a discount I think I paid $250 but didn't renew as it didn't seem to do much for me. I think they may have dropped it to $450 now but I can't remember.
Riki

They can't seem to keep up to date with what they need to do on their own website, but seem to have time to send us out emails on random subjects..
They have a flat rate for a yearly link. It was originally $500 but the first year they gave a discount I think I paid $250 but didn't renew as it didn't seem to do much for me. I think they may have dropped it to $450 now but I can't remember.
Riki
When they sent it to me it was originally $600.
It said this in the first year "And, take advantage of our special 50% off introductory rate when you sign up by January 31."
Now, they want $395. And then they wonder why I have little trust in what they say.
We found that the traffic was simply displaced from Google. But the newest thing is sometimes when I go to see my listing this thing drops down trying to get people to book on Expedia.ca/Hotels.ca. And I don't see why I should pay them when they are earning a commission.

I signed up for the 250, but just canceled and got a refund. Not enough click throughs to make it worth while.

I stayed at #10. It looks like this place has new owners since we stayed. It was listed for 1.2 million!

As one of the inns on the list (Brewery Gulch Inn), we don't know where it came from either. We were called by another inn nearby to congratulate us and we had no idea what they were referring to.

Back