Trip Advisor upload photos now

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I am putting this under directory as it IS officially becoming one in Jan 2010 with paid listings. But right now as the owner of your B&B you can add as many pix as you wish AND they can be up to 5 mb. Make sure they are high rez pix as people can click on them to enlarge and view in greater detail.
from TA:
Show your property to the world like never before
[/td] [/tr] Did you know that you can now upload full-size photos of your hotel, attraction, or restaurant to TripAdvisor? From your owner's page, you can now:
[/td] [/td] [/tr]
dot_long.gif

[/td] Upload and caption unlimited photos
[/td] [/tr]
dot_long.gif

[/td] Designate one photo as the main thumbnail for your listing
[/td] [/tr]
dot_long.gif

[/td] Have your photos displayed alongside guest photos
[/td] [/tr] [/table]
[/td] [/td] [/tr] You can return anytime you have photos to add.
[/td] [/td] [/tr] [/table]

Went to post some photos on my TA listing, and had a new review. An odd, rambling and nonsensical review by someone who has either never stayed here, or has a strange sense of humor. We'll see if TA takes action per my request. I also sent a message to the reviewer asking him if he's sure he's reviewed the right place.
ODD...

Went to post some photos on my TA listing, and had a new review. An odd, rambling and nonsensical review by someone who has either never stayed here, or has a strange sense of humor. We'll see if TA takes action per my request. I also sent a message to the reviewer asking him if he's sure he's reviewed the right place.
ODD....
Little Blue said:
ODD...
YEAH, look at his other 2 reviews.....both odd like the one he's left for you....I think he's just looking for places to give fake stupid reviews..
confused_smile.gif

ridiculous review, totally fake. they say : We have zero tolerance for fake reviews! Learn more
I would remind them of that.

just goes to show what a joke trip advisor can be. it's almost as though someone is posting outrageous sarcastic reviews to see when/if ta will respond. that review is not 1/2 as funny as he/she would like to believe. hopefully it will be pulled asap since it's total muck - mischief for fun - but it puts a negative on your place and that's mean.
trip advisor is positioning itself to be a paid site, maybe in competition with bandb.com and bbonline.com ... didn't we just discuss that, in 2010, places can have paid ads on ta? i think by offering photos, as they get ready to launch, they will then say ... look at the traffic and hits you are getting by being here for free. wouldn't you like to upgrade your listing $$?
my question is when you have paid listings on a site that prides itself on supposedly impartial unbiased reviews, how can that work? how can that be controlled?

ODD....
GG says he has 2 reviews, but it's up to 5 now. And I can't see them so maybe TA is working on it.

ODD....
GG says he has 2 reviews, but it's up to 5 now. And I can't see them so maybe TA is working on it.
Bree said:
He has a total of 3 reviews (one being LB) and 2 photo's for a total of 5. I can still see them. Hover over the little arrow next to his username and a box will open (I'm sure you knew that, but just in case...
teeth_smile.gif
)

ODD....
Bree said:
He has a total of 3 reviews (one being LB) and 2 photo's for a total of 5. I can still see them. Hover over the little arrow next to his username and a box will open (I'm sure you knew that, but just in case...
teeth_smile.gif
)
It may just be a slow connection but hovering does nothing. Thanks for letting me know it's not 5 reviews!

As of this morning, it has been removed. Thank you TripAdvisor for taking care of that so quickly...it only appeared for one whole day.

As of this morning, it has been removed. Thank you TripAdvisor for taking care of that so quickly...it only appeared for one whole day..
I'm curious. What did you say to them to get them to remove it?
I first used the "dispute review" option through my owners page, saying "This is either a bad joke or a case of mistaken identity. Not only do we not advertise Applesauce as being a regular food option, but we do not accept children or have an indoor pool". I also put that in a management response. Then on the review itself, I hit the "report inappropriate comment" link and selected "not a first hand experience" with the response above in the comment field.
Finally, I sent their support team an email thanking them for their efforts on my behalf.

Back