Trip Advisor Verification

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I did not see a review I recently wrote with photo show up on TA, so went to check on it and had a click here to verify. The reason I bring this up as I have reviewed dozens under this account, including this summer in SC, restaurants, attractions and hotel all with photos to the review.
This is a good thing I guess, it does not ask the restaurant or inn if I stayed there for verification I am certain, but it said:
[COLOR= rgb(69, 69, 69)]Dear TripAdvisor Member,[/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(69, 69, 69)]
Thank you for your contributions to TripAdvisor. This email is designed to help us protect your privacy and ensure a quality experience for all TripAdvisor users.
If you recently submitted a review and are the author of this review, please click on the link below to confirm it:
(there was an http:// link here with click thru to my review)
If you do not click on this link before 3 ott 2011 your review will not be posted. As always, we will continue to keep your review anonymous and will not disclose your e-mail address to anyone.
Thank you for taking the time to verify your review! It helps us to keep our information valid and up-to-date, so we appreciate your response.
Sincerely yours,
[/COLOR]

Yep it has been doing that to me all along. Not new at least not for me.

Oddly enough I have a ton of reviews under my belt and it shows me as a senior reviewer or something with a gold star, so the last dozen or so it never asked. Those were in August. I remember it did early on, but not lately.

Every now and again I have one to verify think its to make sure no one has hijacked your account.

Oddly enough I have a ton of reviews under my belt and it shows me as a senior reviewer or something with a gold star, so the last dozen or so it never asked. Those were in August. I remember it did early on, but not lately..
I'm a "Top Contributor" with over 750 contributions... and I get the verify each and every time I post a review.

Oddly enough I have a ton of reviews under my belt and it shows me as a senior reviewer or something with a gold star, so the last dozen or so it never asked. Those were in August. I remember it did early on, but not lately..
I'm a "Top Contributor" with over 750 contributions... and I get the verify each and every time I post a review.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Interesting.

I've never gotten that. I did 7 reviews in one day and wasn't asked to verify anything. But, it explains why reviews don't show up from guests who tell me they wrote a review (and sent a copy of it to me).

I've never gotten that. I did 7 reviews in one day and wasn't asked to verify anything. But, it explains why reviews don't show up from guests who tell me they wrote a review (and sent a copy of it to me)..
Alibi Ike said:
I've never gotten that. I did 7 reviews in one day and wasn't asked to verify anything. But, it explains why reviews don't show up from guests who tell me they wrote a review (and sent a copy of it to me).
YEAH! I thought it was due to the photo. Mine take a long time to show, long time. But not always verified. weird.

I've never gotten that. I did 7 reviews in one day and wasn't asked to verify anything. But, it explains why reviews don't show up from guests who tell me they wrote a review (and sent a copy of it to me)..
Alibi Ike said:
YEAH! I thought it was due to the photo. Mine take a long time to show, long time. But not always verified. weird.
I think I went from March to June without a review. No idea where they ended up. Then again, maybe some bad ones got lost, too. So, no complaints.

I did several reviews back in July, received 1 email to verify all the others went through without a hitch.
It is the ones that have to be verified that fall through the cracks... mostly first time reviewers or ones that really aren't passionate enough.

Back