Trip Advisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
I just received this email from TripAdvisor.
I guess they can no longer deny fake reviews are on their website

Dear TripAdvisor registered owner,[/td]
[/tr]

You may have received a message from someone claiming to be a TripAdvisor employee (Director Of Traveler Reviews or similar title) offering to remove negative reviews in exchange for a hotel stay. This was done illegally and without our permission by a third party mis-appropriating the TripAdvisor brand. Your personal data at TripAdvisor has not been compromised.[/td]
[/tr]

If you have already hosted someone in response to the email in question, please contact us at [email protected] and put "Your Terrible Reviews on Trip Advisor" in the subject line.[/td]
[/tr]

We are taking all appropriate measures to reduce the incidence of this type of SPAM.[/td]
[/tr]

Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We appreciate your participation in our travel community.[/td]
[/tr]

Christine Petersen
President, TripAdvisor for Business[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
RIki

I did not get the first one but I got this one..
This is a good/smart way to find out just how many Inns, B&B or hotels that have experienced blackmail of any kind. There has been a fair amount of press on T...A And it has not been all good.

Ummm, i wonder, do we really know this is the REAL tripadvisor emailing this one even?
riki

Do you REALLY think this truly came from TA? I really doubt it. This is not the kind of language they would use. Look at the wording.... etc...It is an OBVIOUS SPAM! Dojn't be the first one to click on that link!!!

Do you REALLY think this truly came from TA? I really doubt it. This is not the kind of language they would use. Look at the wording.... etc...It is an OBVIOUS SPAM! Dojn't be the first one to click on that link!!!.
catlady said:
Do you REALLY think this truly came from TA? I really doubt it. This is not the kind of language they would use. Look at the wording.... etc...It is an OBVIOUS SPAM! Dojn't be the first one to click on that link!!!
The email origin is 66.231.81.8 which comes back as mta2.e.tripadvisor.com
This email is genuine.

Do you REALLY think this truly came from TA? I really doubt it. This is not the kind of language they would use. Look at the wording.... etc...It is an OBVIOUS SPAM! Dojn't be the first one to click on that link!!!.
catlady said:
Most people are thinking it's real. I dunno. PAII chat board thinks its real. Someone says there is an article on TA about it but I don't have time to look.
RIki

catlady said:
This email is genuine.
OK if you say so. Just goes to show how hardened we have become Huh? Don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes.
embaressed_smile.gif

toddburme said:
I did not get the first one but I got this one.
Ditto.
I also received this one but not the first one. I do believe it came from TA trying to triage any potential damage. It's nice to see THEM in a panic over something B+B's have been complaining about forever!
smileystooges.gif

catlady said:
This email is genuine.
OK if you say so. Just goes to show how hardened we have become Huh? Don't shoot till you see the whites of their eyes.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
Never! I try to assume the best and that if you didn't get one, and didn't check the sending IP, it could be a fake. We get so much fake email daily. Not to mention scam phone calls.

catlady said:
This email is genuine.
embaressed_smile.gif

catlady said:
embaressed_smile.gif
I still didn't click on the link anyway. No sense risking anything, like you say!
Riki

toddburme said:
I did not get the first one but I got this one.
Ditto.
I also received this one but not the first one. I do believe it came from TA trying to triage any potential damage. It's nice to see THEM in a panic over something B+B's have been complaining about forever!
smileystooges.gif

Got one paid not attention to it, deleted it. Mary

Back