Trip to the Amusement Park....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
I have discovered a new thrill ride - snow driving!! Especially AFTER the salt is down.
Just back from a ride to the drug store - DH needed 2 refills and was told the computer crashed so he would have to come in with ALL his pill bottles because all data was lost (no backup) and they were NOT doing deliveries because of the road conditions. I also needed to do a veggie run.
The clerk at the drug store called him back to tell him they were doing a data transfer when the data was lost and she will deliver his prescriptions on her way home. Do he calls my cell phone while I am enroute - told him go away I need 2 hands.
The worst place, where I did the most sliding was at the junction of 2 US highways where it had been salted and was now slush (much worse than the hills with curves and no guard rails). Glad I am home.

gillumhouse said:
The worst place, where I did the most sliding was at the junction of 2 US highways where it had been salted and was now slush (much worse than the hills with curves and no guard rails). Glad I am home.
Yikes. And we hope you're going to stay there!!

UH OH.... don't want to hear that. Don't take any chances.....thankfully what has fallen here today has not stuck so far... I have an out of town trip to my surgeon tomorrow....will just have to wait and see what the roads are like. I hope the drugstore has a back up SOMEWHERE :-(

gillumhouse said:
Yikes. And we hope you're going to stay there!!.
I am! Drugs are going to be delivered (one employee lives in my town) when the store closes and I got enough supplies to last him over a week. Also got the stuff I need for tomorrow's guests (apples & bananas for fruit basket) and fruit for breakfast. I do not HAVE to go out until Wednesday for the Lenten Service and I can walk to that. We could get as much as another 8 inches. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!! Spring is coming, Spring is coming, Spring is coming....

I feel ya about this stuff, was traveling today myself from Summersville and a sudden BLIZZARD came...unbelievable. Be Safe.

Back