Tripadvisor reviews from Home computer

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbz

Reaction score
2-3 couples just checked out from our place. While leaving they said they have already reviewed us on TA from the laptops/ Internet dongles we provide to our guests after they logged in their FB account from it.
Is that going to be a problem? Somebody told me TA doesn't take reviews coming from the B&B's computer and splashes something in red on the hotel/B&Bs page to alert other travellers.
Can i do anything about it now?

I would try and contact trip adviser about this as have known some people to be black marked which is pants cos you have no control over what the ruddy guests do.

Friends of ours have a b&b which is also a restaurant. When I tried to review both separately from the same computer it just wouldn't let me post the second review, but I think this was back before they did the red flag business. You would think with signing in with their FB accounts the TA site would recognize that it is different people. If it does go up and get flagged you could always just post a management response to the flagged review.

It shouldn't be flagged, but it might not be posted at all. If it goes through the IP address when they confirm it will be different and it will be fine.
They don't put up a red flag unless they actually catch cheating. They are so bad with catching it that it's flagrantly violated all over the site. I read a review last week that actually was SIGNED by the manager and they didn't catch it. No punishment at all, they simply removed it.

I would contact TripAdvisor and give them a heads up, because having multiple reviews come from the same IP address, which happens to be located at or near the property (how they can tell this info, I'm not sure) has raised red flags. Red flags can cause properties to be accused of fraudulent activity by TripAdvisor - once that happens, it's hard to convince them you did no wrong. Get ahead of this one if you can.

I would contact TripAdvisor and give them a heads up, because having multiple reviews come from the same IP address, which happens to be located at or near the property (how they can tell this info, I'm not sure) has raised red flags. Red flags can cause properties to be accused of fraudulent activity by TripAdvisor - once that happens, it's hard to convince them you did no wrong. Get ahead of this one if you can..
Thanks all.
I messaged TA about it, didn't get any reply as usual. Maybe the facebook account logging in beforehand changes the way TA manages reviews

Back