TripAdvisor seeks verification after hotel claims false review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it might be wise to hire the online reputation management company if your place gets spammed by bad reviews.

This is exactly why I DON'T list on TripAdvisor. They're irresponsible and don't take care of their customer base, which are the inns, hotels and b&bs that pay a fee to be listed.
If I'm paying someone for a service, I want them to cover my ass, not blindly take a review without verification or the ability to respond.

This is exactly why I DON'T list on TripAdvisor. They're irresponsible and don't take care of their customer base, which are the inns, hotels and b&bs that pay a fee to be listed.
If I'm paying someone for a service, I want them to cover my ass, not blindly take a review without verification or the ability to respond..
Proud Texan said:
If I'm paying someone for a service, I want them to cover my ass, not blindly take a review without verification or the ability to respond.
The problem is that you don't have a choice about being listed on TA. If you don't have a listing there yet, just wait, it will happen some day. Most of us don't pay for a listing, we're there because a guest has listed us.

If I'm paying someone for a service, I want them to cover my ass, not blindly take a review without verification or the ability to respond..
Proud Texan said:
The problem is that you don't have a choice about being listed on TA. If you don't have a listing there yet, just wait, it will happen some day. Most of us don't pay for a listing, we're there because a guest has listed us.
Breakfast Diva said:
Proud Texan said:
I use the Bed and Breakfast.com widget. I send all our guest a thank you note after their stay, and those that you can tell really enjoyed their stay, we ask them to post a review then direct them to Bedandbreakfast.com. I like this for two reasons: 1) My reviews are posted directly on my homepage. 2) BedandBreakfast.com does a good job of screening the reviews AND if there is a bad review its much easier to deal with there than on Tripadvisor.

Back