tripadvisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nkeeprs

Reaction score
Can anyone help me. I am trying to get a real person on tripadvisor but no luck. I own an Inn and have a 98% guest positive reviews however I am #7 in the area but there are other Inns that have only a 86% guest review and they are above me. Makes no since to me. Please help if you can

I'm under the impression the only way you can talk to someone is to email. What you're saying doesn't make sense, you're right.
Is this something new that just happened, or has it been going on for awhile?
There is a lot more that goes into the review standing than just the reviews themselves, but your problem sounds extreme.

The algorithm they use is so confusing. Newer reviews count for much more than older reviews...the number of "5 star" vs. "4 star" reviews, and submitted online content about your Inn all impact your review, among other things I don't pretend to understand. You will never get them on the phone.

All I can figure is it has to do with whoever has the most five stars? I can't figure them out. They list the ghost tours as an attraction in New Orleans so that they can get reviews, but refuse even when my guest try to submit my wine tours as an attraction. They will only list me as a business and as such they cannot submit reviews. I have to have all mine on Yahoo Travel.
RIki

They will not explain their rankings to you. You can send them an email and I think there is a phone number on their site somewhere..but..how they rate and rank...is as good a guess as anyone can make. Even the top 10 in the US don't make sense to me. I know inns who have over 500 4 & 5 reviews and don't rate anywhere in the top 10 yet someone with 100 or so does. Explain that????

Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying for weeks to talk with someone. via email, fax but no luck. All I know is that I paid the extra $$ to have a link to my site and after that I dropped down 6 spots. Makes no since at all. I would understand if were getting negative reviews. I feel like it is a slap in the face. Any suggestions please let me know

Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying for weeks to talk with someone. via email, fax but no luck. All I know is that I paid the extra $$ to have a link to my site and after that I dropped down 6 spots. Makes no since at all. I would understand if were getting negative reviews. I feel like it is a slap in the face. Any suggestions please let me know.
If you are willing to email me a link to your inn on TA, I am willling to look to see if I see anything blatant.
Still can't help you get a live person, tho. I do know that if you are persistent with the email campaign, they will respond. And I do know how frustrating it is to try to get help from them.

Hi nkeeprs and welcome to Innspiring.
On a side note: can you please edit your account and correct the email address to a valid email. It is secure, I am the only one who will see it, but I am also the only one who gets all the error messages when the site tries to grind through a broken address. If you don't fix it I will eventually have to remove your account so that it stops generating errors for me.

TA won't reveal its ranking system but they look at a lot more than just the number of 4s and 5s or the percentage of recommend, although it seems those 2 factors do weigh very heavily for them.
They also, though, look at the overall credibility of an inn's reviews. For that, the number of high-profile reviews that link to your inn really matter. NY Times, for instance. Or Frommer's. If the inn that's ranked above you has a lot of travel reviews out there and you don't, they'll get a stronger rating on TA.
Still, if there's a disparity as strong as the one you're talking, it's worth having them take a look.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been trying for weeks to talk with someone. via email, fax but no luck. All I know is that I paid the extra $$ to have a link to my site and after that I dropped down 6 spots. Makes no since at all. I would understand if were getting negative reviews. I feel like it is a slap in the face. Any suggestions please let me know.
If you are willing to email me a link to your inn on TA, I am willling to look to see if I see anything blatant.
Still can't help you get a live person, tho. I do know that if you are persistent with the email campaign, they will respond. And I do know how frustrating it is to try to get help from them.
Thanks for taking a look.
My inn is The Chadwick Inn Portland Maine
www.thechadwick.com
you will see it on tripadvisor on the Maine Inns page Portland
I am so angry.
Thx again

On a side note: can you please edit your account and correct the email address to a valid email. It is secure, I am the only one who will see it, but I am also the only one who gets all the error messages when the site tries to grind through a broken address. If you don't fix it I will eventually have to remove your account so that it stops generating errors for me..
Thanks for the feedback on the wrong email. All fixed I think

www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
nkeeprs said:
www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
Beautiful!!

www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
You have a beautiful place! I looked over the reviews and I am with you!!! I can't see any reason why you should be lower than ones ahead of you. It just doesn't make any sense.

On a side note: can you please edit your account and correct the email address to a valid email. It is secure, I am the only one who will see it, but I am also the only one who gets all the error messages when the site tries to grind through a broken address. If you don't fix it I will eventually have to remove your account so that it stops generating errors for me..
nkeeprs said:
Great. Thank you and my inbox thanks you too ;)

www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
nkeeprs said:
www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
What a lovely place you have! It's beautiful!

www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
Beautiful place you have there!
It makes no sense why your inn shows up so far down the list. You have a couple of neg reviews but so do the other places. Some of the other places, but not all, are mentioned in the articles on the side. You have recent reviews. Is there any chance any or all of the guests who wrote a review did it onsite? If all the reviews show coming from your location, maybe that's what caused the problem.
IF you ask for reviews (not saying you do or don't) make sure it's after the guests leave, not while they're in house.
If you make any headway, please let us know what they said.

Wow! What a gorgeous place!
And, yeah, it clearly makes no sense!!! Good luck and keep us posted if you get a resolution!
=)
Kk.

welcome.gif
Beautiful place! I hope you figure out this ranking problem...you'll be way ahead of the game! :)

www.thechadwick.com
I am so angry.
Thx again
nkeeprs, I hope you'll let us know how it works out. You're right that your situation makes absolutely no sense. I'm guessing there must be a glitch somewhere causing it. But whatever it is, please let us know what happens.
BTW, your place is lovely and your reviews are just absolutely phenomenal. I'd be angry too if I were in your shoes.

Back