Tripconnect - again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April

Reaction score
I know we talked about it before - short memory here.
Send the email to the TripA 4 days ago and they are very slow to respond - got generic email yesterday and I had impression that they are not particularly interested.
My question to you who are on it:
What is the charge for that service? I understand it will be different for each location, however is it a flat fee "per click" or is it % for successful booking?
Thanks

There is no fee from TA. You pay only per click. There is a minimum amount of $10 per day that you approve, BUT, unless you have major traffic on TA, you'll not reach that amount. I'm in a rural area, but major attraction area.
I would say to give it a try for at least a month. There's no contract and it's certainly a lot cheaper than having a TA business listing (at least in my case)

I set a campaign budget of $50, with a max spend of up to $10 per day, and my campaign lasted over 4 months! I think I was paying about 20 to 25 cents per clickthrough on the website, and even less for the mobile clicktrhoughs. Got maybe one reservations that I could trace back to a TA origin. Most of the searches were for short stays during our peak season, when our minimum stay is a full week. So it is interesting to evaluate the types of travelers that are using TA, to see whether they are "your" target audience or not.

Hi April,
I am close to finishing my 2nd month using TC. As Breakfast Diva explained it is Pay Per Click (ppc) only. No other charges.
The min. daily limit is $10, I have never reached that!
You set either a campaign limit such as Harbor mentioned or you can set a max monthly limit. This limit can be changed as you see the need at any point.
The other point that you bid on position. That is if you are also taking bookings through any OTA's. I do use OTAs so my bidding is higher than Harbors so I can appear in the top 3. My bids are about 1.05 - 1.12.
I set up a separate reservation page though Reservation Key (my booking system) so I can see who clicked through from TC and the dates of interest.
I have had 3 bookings though TC so far, multi night stays. I am close to spending $40 on the ppc.
So far it is cheaper than the OTA commission I would have paid.
Give it a try. Good luck!

Hi April,
I am close to finishing my 2nd month using TC. As Breakfast Diva explained it is Pay Per Click (ppc) only. No other charges.
You set either a campaign limit such as Harbor mentioned or you can set a max monthly limit. This limit can be changed as you see the need at any point.
The other point that you bid on position. That is if you are also taking bookings through any OTA's. I do use OTAs so my bidding is higher than Harbors so I can appear in the top 3. My bids are about 1.05 - 1.12.
I set up a separate reservation page though Reservation Key (my booking system) so I can see who clicked through from TC and the dates of interest.
I have had 3 bookings though TC so far, multi night stays. I am close to spending $40 on the ppc.
Give it a try. Good luck!.
They won't tell me how much per click. Did they do the same with you? This is the reply I finally got after I inquired on 17th
"The cost per click is different for each hotel. This rate is calculated using the current state of the market, the location of your business, and your ranking on TripAdvisor. As this figure is always subject to change, it is not possible to preemptively calculate the CPC for your property. Upon creating a Cost Per Click campaign, you will be able to see the CPC rate in your campaign dashboard."

Hi April,
They won't tell me how much per click. Did they do the same with you? This is the reply I finally got after I inquired on 17th
"The cost per click is different for each hotel. This rate is calculated using the current state of the market, the location of your business, and your ranking on TripAdvisor. As this figure is always subject to change, it is not possible to preemptively calculate the CPC for your property. Upon creating a Cost Per Click campaign, you will be able to see the CPC rate in your campaign dashboard."
April said:
I didn't talk to anybody. I just set it up in my online TA account manager and paid what it said they were charging. I've never talked to a human at TA.

Hi April,
April said:
I didn't talk to anybody. I just set it up in my online TA account manager and paid what it said they were charging. I've never talked to a human at TA.
You did not miss much -so far I am getting a lousy service

Hi April,
April said:
You might be able to get a ballpark figure by going to Google ad words to see what it would cost there. Of course, with TC you are also competing with yourself because TA uses your info already for paid searches for reviews.

Hi April,
April said:
You might be able to get a ballpark figure by going to Google ad words to see what it would cost there. Of course, with TC you are also competing with yourself because TA uses your info already for paid searches for reviews.
You should see what the CPC is for my place! I purposefully try to bid to be 2nd or 3rd. In my own country, everyone has the same bid, so I bid a penny more and I'm 1st. (Here's the hint at my bid.... it's the Nelson number. But if I had to bid to 1st for my own page for my southern neighbour, it's so high! (Subtract 14 from my country bid and multiply it by 5.)
Seriously... someone is bidding that much to try to get people to use them to book me!
Oh the amounts are in my countries currency, of course. So multiply that by .82 to get it in USD and .76 to get it in EUR and .54 to get it in GBP. :)

Hi April,
April said:
I did the same as Arks, just set it up through my TA account.

They can't tell you what it will cost because each city / hotel is different. And it also depends on who you are bidding against. (OTA's)
If you don't like what you see, just reduce your monthly campaign to zero and walk away! There is nothing to loose!

Hi April,
April said:
Morticia said:
April said:
There is no need to do that. That is more difficult than just filling in the data in TA and get the figure.

Hi April,
April said:
Morticia said:
April said:
There is no need to do that. That is more difficult than just filling in the data in TA and get the figure.
Copperhead said:
Morticia said:
April said:
Last time I checked something on TA that I backed out of completing they called and emailed incessantly.
I'm getting 3 emails/day telling me how much money I'm leaving on the table by not having an account with them. Once/month they tell me my account has been closed.
I figured it might save some grief by not getting the info directly if this is only in the planning stages.

Hi April,
April said:
Morticia said:
April said:
Copperhead said:
Morticia said:
April said:
Last time I checked something on TA that I backed out of completing they called and emailed incessantly.
I'm getting 3 emails/day telling me how much money I'm leaving on the table by not having an account with them. Once/month they tell me my account has been closed.
I figured it might save some grief by not getting the info directly if this is only in the planning stages.
Honestly, put them on call block if you don't want to hear from them. And then put a filter on their email. You have every right if you don't want to hear from them. Or worse, mark it as spam. Too many messages marked as spam and their emails no longer get delivered.

Back