TripConnect

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Anyone have the correct link to sign up for TripConnect? Ta.

I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?

I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?.
JerseyBoy said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?
We did over $30K in TripConnect sales last year. Cost: $550!!!

I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?.
JerseyBoy said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?
Are you listed with any OTA's? If you are, how does the TripConnect sales compare to those other OTA's. I'm trying to figure out if my lack of performance on TripAdvisor is due to the model I am using or if for my market it is not the right channel.
We do about 30K or more with Expedia and about the same through priceline group but on Tripadvisor we do about $1500

JerseyBoy said:
Are you listed with any OTA's? If you are, how does the TripConnect sales compare to those other OTA's. I'm trying to figure out if my lack of performance on TripAdvisor is due to the model I am using or if for my market it is not the right channel.
We do about 30K or more with Expedia and about the same through priceline group but on Tripadvisor we do about $1500
No OTAs!! So everyone is booking directly with us through TripConnect. No point in using TC if your listing is being usurped by Expedia, etc.
So I paid $550 for my $30K vs your $4500- $5400? That's nuts.

JerseyBoy said:
No OTAs!! So everyone is booking directly with us through TripConnect. No point in using TC if your listing is being usurped by Expedia, etc.
Hmmm. I’ll have to go back and look at the email I got recently with terms and conditions for new subscribers to TC. I believe one condition is that you must be subscribed with at least one of TA’s partners in order to qualify.

JerseyBoy said:
Hmmm. I’ll have to go back and look at the email I got recently with terms and conditions for new subscribers to TC. I believe one condition is that you must be subscribed with at least one of TA’s partners in order to qualify.
Please share. Haven't heard that in recent discussions. That defeats the whole purpose.

JerseyBoy said:
Please share. Haven't heard that in recent discussions. That defeats the whole purpose.
I have searched my trash folder and can’t find anything. Maybe I dreamed it. Sorry for the side track.

JerseyBoy said:
I'm not on Trip Connect, something that I'd like to do, but haven't yet, however going to their page asks about "partners", but I was thinking from looking in the past that this referred to our using an online reservation system that had the ability to connect with their system for submitting rates.

JerseyBoy said:
I'm not on Trip Connect, something that I'd like to do, but haven't yet, however going to their page asks about "partners", but I was thinking from looking in the past that this referred to our using an online reservation system that had the ability to connect with their system for submitting rates.
Yes, you have to have a system like Res Key that partners.

JerseyBoy said:
I agree it's nuts if the traffic I am getting from the OTA's would come directly if I did not have the OTA's. We have done paid listings with TA in the past but never had seen any traffic. Can someone explain how TripConnect works? How is Expedia or Booking or any other OTA usurping the traffic/bookings TripConnect would be generating. I'm very confused now.

JerseyBoy said:
I agree it's nuts if the traffic I am getting from the OTA's would come directly if I did not have the OTA's. We have done paid listings with TA in the past but never had seen any traffic. Can someone explain how TripConnect works? How is Expedia or Booking or any other OTA usurping the traffic/bookings TripConnect would be generating. I'm very confused now.
JerseyBoy said:
You might get the guest who looks at reviews first. TA shows up right at the top around here when you search for a place to stay. All the OTA's show up there as well. Finding a direct website link to an actula B&B or hotel is really difficult now.
So, if you have the guest who uses TA to look at reviews, the link to your site will be right in front of them, just like the OTA links.
And, given TA is pushing for the guest to only use their site, it might be useful to have the info in front of them. (BTW, when I had a paid listing with TA we never got a direct booking from it. We hardly got any traffic at all.)

JerseyBoy said:
JerseyBoy said:
You might get the guest who looks at reviews first. TA shows up right at the top around here when you search for a place to stay. All the OTA's show up there as well. Finding a direct website link to an actula B&B or hotel is really difficult now.
So, if you have the guest who uses TA to look at reviews, the link to your site will be right in front of them, just like the OTA links.
And, given TA is pushing for the guest to only use their site, it might be useful to have the info in front of them. (BTW, when I had a paid listing with TA we never got a direct booking from it. We hardly got any traffic at all.)
Morticia said:
I just wish that link to your site was labeled "Hotel Website" rather than "Official Site". Not everybody realizes what official site means.

JerseyBoy said:
JerseyBoy said:
Thanks for the information, everyone. I think the best thing for me to do is try it and see what happens. I can't really de-list from the OTA's (I mean I could but they do drive a noticeable amount of traffic) and I'm not quite seeing how TC will necessarily take all of that traffic but it sounds like they may very well shift some of it direct to us.
On a side note, but along these lines, we noticed the OTA's, TripAdvisor, Airbnb, and BB.com were all buying our property name with google adwords. I have also purchased them now and have noticed (although its not something I've figured out how to measure) that we have seen more direct bookings. In general our direct bookings still represent about 75% of our total revenue but I would like it to be more. Hopefully the TC will help do that. Thanks again for all the information.

JerseyBoy said:
JerseyBoy said:
Morticia said:
I just wish that link to your site was labeled "Hotel Website" rather than "Official Site". Not everybody realizes what official site means.
Arks said:
h that link to your site was labeled "Hotel Website" rather than "Official Site". Not everybody realizes what official site means.
Exactly!

OK, we were accepted. And, no, they didn't send an email to tell us that as they said they would.
Anyhoo... what's next? Any tips on how to set this up on the TA site? Do they charge you automatically? And, given a few people had problems with campaigns ending I'm guessing there is a start and stop date?
Any research I should do in advance of finalizing the setup?

JerseyBoy said:
JerseyBoy said:
Thanks for the information, everyone. I think the best thing for me to do is try it and see what happens. I can't really de-list from the OTA's (I mean I could but they do drive a noticeable amount of traffic) and I'm not quite seeing how TC will necessarily take all of that traffic but it sounds like they may very well shift some of it direct to us.
On a side note, but along these lines, we noticed the OTA's, TripAdvisor, Airbnb, and BB.com were all buying our property name with google adwords. I have also purchased them now and have noticed (although its not something I've figured out how to measure) that we have seen more direct bookings. In general our direct bookings still represent about 75% of our total revenue but I would like it to be more. Hopefully the TC will help do that. Thanks again for all the information.
I'll say what I said before. "If the OTAs had no rooms on them. They will soon die or change their ways."

For those of you using trip connect.. I think I got it up and running via using my allocator. My question is when using trip connect, does that make you a sponsored ad so you go to the top of the page or did I accidentally sign up for something I didn't mean to?

Back