TripConnect

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you using trip connect.. I think I got it up and running via using my allocator. My question is when using trip connect, does that make you a sponsored ad so you go to the top of the page or did I accidentally sign up for something I didn't mean to?.
Sponsored Ads do put you at the top, but the CPC is very expensive. Tried it for one month and dropped it like a very hot potato! Did just as well with Only Trip Connect. I think they also double charge. Also, you don't need MA for RK using TC, it's a direct feed.

For those of you using trip connect.. I think I got it up and running via using my allocator. My question is when using trip connect, does that make you a sponsored ad so you go to the top of the page or did I accidentally sign up for something I didn't mean to?.
Sponsored Ads do put you at the top, but the CPC is very expensive. Tried it for one month and dropped it like a very hot potato! Did just as well with Only Trip Connect. I think they also double charge. Also, you don't need MA for RK using TC, it's a direct feed.
so it sounds like I may have connected to the wrong thing and not trip connect? I'll retrace my steps and try to connect directly with RK..
Sigh just tried to redo the settings to using RK but for the life of me I can't see where to edit it. I see MA is my connectivity partner but I don't see where I can edit it from MA to RK

For this if you that use Ex p edia I have a question.
Do all properties have to be listed with the 10% Fenced Members Only Deal? I just had a reservation come in and between that and their commission they just took $50 a night on a 3 night reservation during our peek season.

I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?.
JerseyBoy said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?
We did over $30K in TripConnect sales last year. Cost: $550!!!
Are you listed with any OTA's? If you are, how does the TripConnect sales compare to those other OTA's. I'm trying to figure out if my lack of performance on TripAdvisor is due to the model I am using or if for my market it is not the right channel.
We do about 30K or more with Expedia and about the same through priceline group but on Tripadvisor we do about $1500
No OTAs!! So everyone is booking directly with us through TripConnect. No point in using TC if your listing is being usurped by Expedia, etc.
So I paid $550 for my $30K vs your $4500- $5400? That's nuts.
Hmmm. I’ll have to go back and look at the email I got recently with terms and conditions for new subscribers to TC. I believe one condition is that you must be subscribed with at least one of TA’s partners in order to qualify.
Please share. Haven't heard that in recent discussions. That defeats the whole purpose.
I'm not on Trip Connect, something that I'd like to do, but haven't yet, however going to their page asks about "partners", but I was thinking from looking in the past that this referred to our using an online reservation system that had the ability to connect with their system for submitting rates.
Yes, you have to have a system like Res Key that partners.
About how long should it take after enabling the external connection on RK and TA recognizing the connection? So far it seems they still don't find my connection

I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?.
JerseyBoy said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?
Are you listed with any OTA's? If you are, how does the TripConnect sales compare to those other OTA's. I'm trying to figure out if my lack of performance on TripAdvisor is due to the model I am using or if for my market it is not the right channel.
We do about 30K or more with Expedia and about the same through priceline group but on Tripadvisor we do about $1500
No OTAs!! So everyone is booking directly with us through TripConnect. No point in using TC if your listing is being usurped by Expedia, etc.
Hmmm. I’ll have to go back and look at the email I got recently with terms and conditions for new subscribers to TC. I believe one condition is that you must be subscribed with at least one of TA’s partners in order to qualify.
Please share. Haven't heard that in recent discussions. That defeats the whole purpose.
I'm not on Trip Connect, something that I'd like to do, but haven't yet, however going to their page asks about "partners", but I was thinking from looking in the past that this referred to our using an online reservation system that had the ability to connect with their system for submitting rates.
Morticia can give you the answer as to how long it takes....

JerseyBoy said:
About how long should it take after enabling the external connection on RK and TA recognizing the connection? So far it seems they still don't find my connection
I waited over the weekend and it was set up.
Are you seeing on TC that it doesn't recognize your place?
BTW, I haven't done the TC side of the setup yet, so I don't know if that is going to take more time. I've only gotten to the point where TC knows I have a valid partner to work thru.

JerseyBoy said:
Please help me understand:
are you talking about Tripconnect pay-per click (at $.20+/click and min $10/day)
or Tripconnect Instant Booking - when I check on this one get this message "Your connectivity partner, ReservationKey, is in the process of becoming a TripConnect Partner. To find out when they will complete this process and confirm when you can begin using TripConnect Instant Booking, contact ReservationKey directly."

JerseyBoy said:
are you talking about Tripconnect pay-per click (at $.20+/click and min $10/day)
or Tripconnect Instant Booking - when I check on this one get this message "Your connectivity partner, ReservationKey, is in the process of becoming a TripConnect Partner. To find out when they will complete this process and confirm when you can begin using TripConnect Instant Booking, contact ReservationKey directly."
NOT Instant Booking. I believe that charges you a %. Use the very economical Cost per Click .

Baygirl said:
I think I got it up and running via using my allocator.
Two of my best days on Innspring were when Momma Smurf put me on to Trip Connect Pay Per Click, and the day about a year later when she reminded me that Trip Connect does not require my allo cator, which I was wanting to drop since I left V R B O, Air, etc. Now all I have is Trip Connect and ResKey and I'm so happy!
One thing to remember: Your Trip Connect "connection" seems to expire on TA after a year or two, and they drop you with no notice. I think it's a matter of the Trip Connect setup screen requiring you to set an ending date for your Trip Connect "campaign" and the latest date you can set is not very far out.
I discovered last fall that I was no longer showing up well on TA, and that turned out to be the reason. I had to go back into the "back office" of TA and renew my Trip Connect connection. So now I have a reminder set in my phone to check that yearly.

JerseyBoy said:
I waited over the weekend and it was set up.
BTW, I haven't done the TC side of the setup yet, so I don't know if that is going to take more time. I've only gotten to the point where TC knows I have a valid partner to work thru.
Morticia said:
Yes, but in looking to describe my steps I think I see where I missed a step, will give it a few days and try again. Thanks for your comments.

Baygirl said:
Two of my best days on Innspring were when Momma Smurf put me on to Trip Connect Pay Per Click, and the day about a year later when she reminded me that Trip Connect does not require my allo cator, which I was wanting to drop since I left V R B O, Air, etc. Now all I have is Trip Connect and ResKey and I'm so happy!
One thing to remember: Your Trip Connect "connection" seems to expire on TA after a year or two, and they drop you with no notice. I think it's a matter of the Trip Connect setup screen requiring you to set an ending date for your Trip Connect "campaign" and the latest date you can set is not very far out.
I discovered last fall that I was no longer showing up well on TA, and that turned out to be the reason. I had to go back into the "back office" of TA and renew my Trip Connect connection. So now I have a reminder set in my phone to check that yearly.
I'm still trying to get it off my allocator and directly booking with reservation key. I just disabled both connections and will start over. I wish there was someone to talk to when setting this up. I am not as tech savvy as I'd like. I'm looking forward to getting this connected correctly and I definitely want the link coming directly to RK and not through MA.
I appreciate the feedback. I haven't heard one bad thing about using T Connect.

Baygirl said:
regular_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
heart.gif

Baygirl said:
I'm still trying to get it off my allocator and directly booking with reservation key. I just disabled both connections and will start over. I wish there was someone to talk to when setting this up. I am not as tech savvy as I'd like. I'm looking forward to getting this connected correctly and I definitely want the link coming directly to RK and not through MA.
I haven't heard one bad thing about using T Connect.
OK, we tried Trip Connect PPC a few years ago. We were getting click-throughs and people searching our availability, but no reservations. The types of availability that people using TA were searching for (e.g., one night stays) was just not what we offer (week-long stays during peak season). In other words, I think the majority of the TA user-base was basically not our target customer. So we dropped the TC, because it was seeming relatively expensive with no return....
If you think the types of guests that you are trying to attract are out there on TA looking for the type of stay that you have to offer, then perhaps TC-PPC could be a good, economically efficient, way to compete with the OTA's (at least on the TA platform).

Baygirl said:
I haven't heard one bad thing about using T Connect.
OK, we tried Trip Connect PPC a few years ago. We were getting click-throughs and people searching our availability, but no reservations. The types of availability that people using TA were searching for (e.g., one night stays) was just not what we offer (week-long stays during peak season). In other words, I think the majority of the TA user-base was basically not our target customer. So we dropped the TC, because it was seeming relatively expensive with no return....
If you think the types of guests that you are trying to attract are out there on TA looking for the type of stay that you have to offer, then perhaps TC-PPC could be a good, economically efficient, way to compete with the OTA's (at least on the TA platform).
I do think it could help. The way I look at it, is I won't know until I try and then go from there. I'm willing to give it a shot. Just wish it wasn't so complicated for me to get this set up the way I want it.

Baygirl said:
baygirl2 said:
I'm still trying to get it off my allocator and directly booking with reservation key. I just disabled both connections and will start over. I wish there was someone to talk to when setting this up.
A few notes on this from John at ResKey:
  • The first step is you need to add the link in RK. After you have done this it can take up to 3 days for TA to refresh their inventory and pick up the new connection. Under ResKey Settings Tab/External Connections, add a connection "TripAdvisor TripConnect" then fill in the form that comes up, including your TripAdvisor ID (assigned to you by TripAdvisor).
  • Last October John at ResKey said, "We are integrated with TA TripConnect but not TA Instant Booking. Our plan is to work on this after we've built our direct connections to Expedia and Booking.com, which we are working on this quarter."
So good to hear that Expedia and Booking connections are coming, also cutting out the need for My Allo cator with those two.

Baygirl said:
baygirl2 said:
I'm still trying to get it off my allocator and directly booking with reservation key. I just disabled both connections and will start over. I wish there was someone to talk to when setting this up.
  • The first step is you need to add the link in RK. After you have done this it can take up to 3 days for TA to refresh their inventory and pick up the new connection. Under ResKey Settings Tab/External Connections, add a connection "TripAdvisor TripConnect" then fill in the form that comes up, including your TripAdvisor ID (assigned to you by TripAdvisor).
  • Last October John at ResKey said, "We are integrated with TA TripConnect but not TA Instant Booking. Our plan is to work on this after we've built our direct connections to Expedia and Booking.com, which we are working on this quarter."
So good to hear that Expedia and Booking connections are coming, also cutting out the need for My Allo cator with those two.
It showed on RK that I was connected to TA... I just disconnected and redid it to see if it triggers TA to show RK again when I do a search. Right now TA is still coming up with MA as my connecting server even though I've disabled it on MA too.
I will get this done... just looks like it isn't going to be as quickly as I'd like.

Baygirl said:
baygirl2 said:
When I go to ResKey "external connections" all I can do Under Air is click on "enable" or "disable". Does not ask me for anything else-no forms to fill

Baygirl said:
baygirl2 said:
When I go to ResKey "external connections" all I can do Under Air is click on "enable" or "disable". Does not ask me for anything else-no forms to fill
April said:
Once you set it up, those are the only options. You need delete* the external connection you set up previously, then create a new external connection, to get the form to fill in...I think.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Have to ask a question here, in what your comment above, do you really mean min $ 10 a day as written, or max $ 10 a day? If minimum seems like $10 a day would add up pretty quickly to a healthy expense.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Have to ask a question here, in what your comment above, do you really mean min $ 10 a day as written, or max $ 10 a day? If minimum seems like $10 a day would add up pretty quickly to a healthy expense.
JimBoone said:
I pay about $1/click and have it set to a $10/day limit (I think that's the lowest they allow), meaning maximum exposure is $10/day, but it's generally a lot less than that, because I only get 2 or 3 clicks/day.

Back