TripConnect

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?.
JerseyBoy said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?
We did over $30K in TripConnect sales last year. Cost: $550!!!
Are you listed with any OTA's? If you are, how does the TripConnect sales compare to those other OTA's. I'm trying to figure out if my lack of performance on TripAdvisor is due to the model I am using or if for my market it is not the right channel.
We do about 30K or more with Expedia and about the same through priceline group but on Tripadvisor we do about $1500
No OTAs!! So everyone is booking directly with us through TripConnect. No point in using TC if your listing is being usurped by Expedia, etc.
So I paid $550 for my $30K vs your $4500- $5400? That's nuts.
Please help me understand:
are you talking about Tripconnect pay-per click (at $.20+/click and min $10/day)
or Tripconnect Instant Booking - when I check on this one get this message "Your connectivity partner, ReservationKey, is in the process of becoming a TripConnect Partner. To find out when they will complete this process and confirm when you can begin using TripConnect Instant Booking, contact ReservationKey directly."
April said:
are you talking about Tripconnect pay-per click (at $.20+/click and min $10/day)
Have to ask a question here, in what your comment above, do you really mean min $ 10 a day as written, or max $ 10 a day? If minimum seems like $10 a day would add up pretty quickly to a healthy expense.
Definitely is $10 MAX/day which can be lowered

I have a general question. We have been using TripAdvisor Instant Booking for a couple of years. We hardly get any bookings from Tripadvisor using this model. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?.
JerseyBoy said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of Tripadvisor for booking rooms? Is Tripconnect better?
Are you listed with any OTA's? If you are, how does the TripConnect sales compare to those other OTA's. I'm trying to figure out if my lack of performance on TripAdvisor is due to the model I am using or if for my market it is not the right channel.
We do about 30K or more with Expedia and about the same through priceline group but on Tripadvisor we do about $1500
No OTAs!! So everyone is booking directly with us through TripConnect. No point in using TC if your listing is being usurped by Expedia, etc.
or Tripconnect Instant Booking - when I check on this one get this message "Your connectivity partner, ReservationKey, is in the process of becoming a TripConnect Partner. To find out when they will complete this process and confirm when you can begin using TripConnect Instant Booking, contact ReservationKey directly."
April said:
Have to ask a question here, in what your comment above, do you really mean min $ 10 a day as written, or max $ 10 a day? If minimum seems like $10 a day would add up pretty quickly to a healthy expense.
Thanks Momma Smurf and Arks

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
To be on Click I had to put min $10 per day (you can set up that $10 is also your daily max) otherwise would not set it up.
Yes, at $10/day you could pay $300/month or more if your max is higher

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
$10/day it was minimum I had to put up to use pay per click. It perhaps can be different amount in other places. I am in Toronto and can not lower it below $10/day

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
$10/day it was minimum I had to put up to use pay per click. It perhaps can be different amount in other places. I am in Toronto and can not lower it below $10/day
It does not mean that you have to spend $3650 a year.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Exactly, it's all driven by clicks. If you don't get $10 ($MIN) worth of clicks in a day, thus not meeting the minimum, so be it. For a small property, there might be days where you don't get any clicks at all....
Whatever your max is, then if you do get $MAX worth of clicks before the day is out, they'll stop showing your link and you won't get any more clicks that day... and won't be on the hook for more than $MAX for that day.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Yes, but if you sign up for 365 days and each day your $10 is reached - you could get that high.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Yes, but if you sign up for 365 days and each day your $10 is reached - you could get that high.
April said:
If you get that many clicks/day for a year you'll be well able to pay for them! I'd give anything to get that much traffic!

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
April said:
If you get that many clicks/day for a year you'll be well able to pay for them! I'd give anything to get that much traffic!
Ditto!

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Just for reference for my first week I've spent about $4 according to their site. I also put a rather low total campaign total initially so I'll need to monitor the amount on a regular basis. To me it's worth something to have my prices posted when potential guests are checking rates.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
Yeah... if I set mine as $10, I might as well not even run it. 4th position for USA is over $2. It all depends on your market.

JerseyBoy said:
April said:
April said:
Considering that 4 years ago they wanted from me $3000 for paid listing - that looks like a better deal. So far in 12 days I spent about $16 on the clicks. I think small 3 bookings are result of it. Not bad return.

If you are going to go for TripConnect then turn off availability for the OTA's in this way you only have to make a very low bid and the image on TA will say "Official Website" BEST OF ALL YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE ON THERE FOR VISITORS TO SELECT IF YOU HAVE A PAID FOR BUSINESS LISTING.

It's basically corrupt that your alleged "Partner / OTA" bids against you in the first place on a paid for business Listing.
TA are the good guys in this situation, we have to respect they need to make money from the OTA'a initially but after a few years with Google offering booking at 7.5% it makes sense to cut off the OTA from your TA Business paid for page so they can bring you additional business from other sites you are not directly advertising on.

If you are going to go for TripConnect then turn off availability for the OTA's in this way you only have to make a very low bid and the image on TA will say "Official Website" BEST OF ALL YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE ON THERE FOR VISITORS TO SELECT IF YOU HAVE A PAID FOR BUSINESS LISTING.

It's basically corrupt that your alleged "Partner / OTA" bids against you in the first place on a paid for business Listing.
TA are the good guys in this situation, we have to respect they need to make money from the OTA'a initially but after a few years with Google offering booking at 7.5% it makes sense to cut off the OTA from your TA Business paid for page so they can bring you additional business from other sites you are not directly advertising on..
Welcome Paul! Always happy to have new innkeepers to share their ideas here!

There are plus and minuses to turning off your availability on the OTA's. Currently TripConnect only helps you on the TA website and on Google. If someone is on the OTA, they will only see that you have ZERO availability. And that itself hurts more than it helps.
Additionally, as an FYI, you do not have to have a paid business listing on TA to participate in their TripConnect marketing.

Back