Triple sheeting

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
All the hotels we were at on vacation did triple sheeting. And that was it. No coverlets, no nothing else but the 2 sheets and the sandwich meat of blanket of duvet.
Anyone else do this? How does it work for you? Do you have a bunch of 'top' sheets that you swap out when you strip the bed? Where do you get 'pretty' top sheets that don't wrinkle the minute you look at them?
Do you go for an 'all over' look or mix n match or all the top sheets the same from room to room?

My first time to comment. Though DH has been on here for years.
Anyway, we do this and it works great. We went with the triple sheeting because we like the look, and we can wash it all. We use a different top sheet and then the matching pillowcases on one set of the pillows. Gives a mix/match look. Don't have a problem with the top sheet wrinkling any more than we have with the other sheets.

My first time to comment. Though DH has been on here for years.
Anyway, we do this and it works great. We went with the triple sheeting because we like the look, and we can wash it all. We use a different top sheet and then the matching pillowcases on one set of the pillows. Gives a mix/match look. Don't have a problem with the top sheet wrinkling any more than we have with the other sheets..
welcome.gif

Ah, another spouse heard from. You're the second one this week to sign on!

Don't triple-sheet. But we use sheets treated to be wrinkle-free or we use sheets that are a mix of poly-cotton. As long as you take them out of the dryer when they are done, they are relatively wrinkle-free and don't need to be ironed.
Big hotels have ironing machines. Takes two people to load into it and two people to catch and irons an entire sheet at a time. I worked in a laundry like that, once.

Hotel we stayed in last week (quick last minute trip) also triple sheeted but also had a partial cover at the bottom... I say that because it was larger than any bed scarf I have seen, about 1/2 the length of the bed.
I have tossed this around in my mind for over a year now. It is hot here in the summer, I sleep with just a single sheet in the summer - even with A/C. Many of my guests do the same in the summer - well that is my assumption given how the covers are all pulled back when I go in to fluff.
If I changed to this it would be only during the winter.

We triple sheet year round... in the winter we add a coverlet or bedspread. I have a problem finding sheets sold singly.

We triple sheet year round... in the winter we add a coverlet or bedspread. I have a problem finding sheets sold singly..
greyswan said:
I have a problem finding sheets sold singly.
I have thought that if I went to triple sheeting I would find a place like American Hotel Registry which sells flat sheets by the dozen, then have them embroidered with the initials of the Inn.

We triple sheet year round... in the winter we add a coverlet or bedspread. I have a problem finding sheets sold singly..
greyswan said:
I have thought that if I went to triple sheeting I would find a place like American Hotel Registry which sells flat sheets by the dozen, then have them embroidered with the initials of the Inn.
muirford said:
greyswan said:
The one hotel still had the labels on the top sheet and that's where they got them. Of course, I have to 'test drive' this to see if it even looks good here.

We triple sheet and use a duvet on top. I have been purchasing cream colored linens off Overstock. I personllay like the look of mixed shades of cream or off-white linens so don't worry about them perfectly matching.
riki

We triple sheet and use a duvet on top. I have been purchasing cream colored linens off Overstock. I personllay like the look of mixed shades of cream or off-white linens so don't worry about them perfectly matching.
riki.
egoodell said:
riki
Ohh ahhh! That is my ideal of luxury mixed shades of off white, I love that too!
PS Riki I had a lovely guest today from Chicago who is here on business, was in your town yesterday. She flies out of your town later, and will be back near you in June. I told her about your place and also emailed her a thank you and gave her your name and URL, I said to mention a corporate rate (I hope you do them) she is a sweet lady who would love it there!
My business guests are always that way, wish I had them longer!

riki.
egoodell said:
riki
Ohh ahhh! That is my ideal of luxury mixed shades of off white, I love that too!
PS Riki I had a lovely guest today from Chicago who is here on business, was in your town yesterday. She flies out of your town later, and will be back near you in June. I told her about your place and also emailed her a thank you and gave her your name and URL, I said to mention a corporate rate (I hope you do them) she is a sweet lady who would love it there!
My business guests are always that way, wish I had them longer!
Thanks !! We actually never get business people but if she comes during the week I can maybe do something for her. With only two rooms it's tough to figure any kind of coroprate rate here, especially when we get so many tourists who are perfectly willing to pay the regular prices!
RIki

I've always thought the triple-sheeting-only looked unfinished, like the final piece was forgotten. I would much rather see a coverlet in the summer and a comforter in the winter than just the sheets.

Btw, DH is Proud Texan..
Mtatoc said:
Btw, DH is Proud Texan.
Welcome to de forum!
cheers.gif

PS Whatever PT said about me is all lies.
wink_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
Mtatoc said:
Btw, DH is Proud Texan.
Welcome to de forum!
cheers.gif

wink_smile.gif
Ditto me.
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Mtatoc said:
Btw, DH is Proud Texan.
Welcome to de forum!
cheers.gif

wink_smile.gif
Ditto me.
I've only ever heard him say the most glowing, wonderful things about the two of you. mmmmm
wink_smile.gif

Back