tripodconsulting.com tripod consulting

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulavery

Reaction score
Hi All,
Our directory got hit this AM by a Nigeria scammer - 9 messages sent. We actively block IPs from Nigeria, but they must be getting new ones or our list needs to be updated.
This was the message:
[email protected] +447045707584 Greetings, How are you today? We want to book for accommodation,for our oncoming honeymoon. Date 10th to 20th October 2009, They are 2 couples. 1. Kindly get back to me with your total cost for 2 couples for the duration of 10 night stay. 2. You accept credit card for payment ?. Arrival Date: October 10th Departure Date:October 20th Number Of People: 4 Kindest Regards Dr Williams David Tel +447045707584
What is notable about this one is the website:
[Contact info and company reference removed, because it was not clear to me how the company was referenced by the spam attack. May have just been a company cited in a phony signature line or something...not really sure if the connection - swirt]

You know, as soon as I see there is more than one couple on a honeymoon, I hit the delete key. No one travels in a herd on their honeymoon with other honeymooning couples.

Paul, by putting a link to them here on the forum, it will probably lead them to us. Not a good idea.

i'd rather have the link gone, too.
because they will find the post and maybe contact members with some scam or try to sign on as a newbie here! glad to know of them but direct link i don't like

Link or not, they'll find it if they are looking (they likely are not looking). Better to have the name known and easily found as a scam here. Thanks Paul.

Good day All,
My name is Nnamdi Jibunoh and i would say that it is an interesting post you have here. I would like to say that am one of the partners in the above named company/ website and i DONOT know anything about the email you mentioned in your first post. We are a company duly registered in the Nigeria coperate affairs commission(the body incharge of company registration). Having said that, the issues about the website i would take as objective criticism and revamp the site, because it is actually long overdue for that. Finally about the domain details you posted here i would request that you pull that down because that is my residential address and email you have there. I would also like to mention that not all businesses in Nigeria are involved in scam, and it might interest you that we have numerous American companies doing business profitably here, so please donot throw away the baby with the bath water.
So please delete this post as it is very defamatory and rude and that is putting it nicely. Thank you and regards
Nnamdi Jibunoh (Please email me if you have any issues, you already have my email)

Good day All,
My name is Nnamdi Jibunoh and i would say that it is an interesting post you have here. I would like to say that am one of the partners in the above named company/ website and i DONOT know anything about the email you mentioned in your first post. We are a company duly registered in the Nigeria coperate affairs commission(the body incharge of company registration). Having said that, the issues about the website i would take as objective criticism and revamp the site, because it is actually long overdue for that. Finally about the domain details you posted here i would request that you pull that down because that is my residential address and email you have there. I would also like to mention that not all businesses in Nigeria are involved in scam, and it might interest you that we have numerous American companies doing business profitably here, so please donot throw away the baby with the bath water.
So please delete this post as it is very defamatory and rude and that is putting it nicely. Thank you and regards
Nnamdi Jibunoh (Please email me if you have any issues, you already have my email).
Good day Nnamdi,
I have removed the contact and company info as I am not sure of what connection was made between the spam attack and your consulting company. Sometimes spammers just throw a company name out to make the email look legitimate.

Back