TrustReport

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Got a phone call from this 'business' last night, as the clock was chiming 9 PM. Hung up on recorded message, looked up phone number today. Some sort of 'verification' website where you can look up websites that have been 'verified' by this group. Figured I would see how many B&B's have taken the bait...1.

Got the phone call, also right before 9, hung up and then called the number back to see what it was. We must be on the same auto-dial list.
What the heck does 'verifying a website' mean to anybody, anyway?

Got the phone call, also right before 9, hung up and then called the number back to see what it was. We must be on the same auto-dial list.
What the heck does 'verifying a website' mean to anybody, anyway?.
muirford said:
What the heck does 'verifying a website' mean to anybody, anyway?
I read thru some of the info. Actually, I looked to see what had been verified on the B&B's website that was on there. They 'verify' that the website is registered properly. (Not sure how they know the registration isn't a tissue of lies.) They verify you have a privacy policy on the site. There wasn't much on there about HOW they do these things and it was a lot like that other website that stated things like, 'Why would you trust someone who WOULDN'T sign up for this?'

Do either of you have a phone number or website for this autodialer so I can take a look? ;)

Do either of you have a phone number or website for this autodialer so I can take a look? ;).
swirt said:
Do either of you have a phone number or website for this autodialer so I can take a look? ;)
TrustReport.com
The B&B in question is listed under the "Travel" link.
I wondered who would be the FIRST to get taken??? This is such a waste and just another company out there looking for ways to take our money by making their site sound so important..give me a break!!! Why would I trust this site??? Who are they???

Do either of you have a phone number or website for this autodialer so I can take a look? ;).
swirt said:
TrustReport.com
The B&B in question is listed under the "Travel" link.
Oh brother...what a bad concept. People signing up for that are either related to the person, or they are desperate to give their money away.

Back