Try to book your inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Figured I would test what the guest sees when making a rez thru booking. What they see is annoying but not unexpected - congratulations, you just booked the cheapest room at xyz inn.
Really? The cheapest? Not by a long shot.
These rooms will sell out quickly! 40 people made reservations in this town this week!
They had some nice, untrue things to say about the room. They showed a photo of a room, not necessarily the room you'll get and said the room had a view. They also say all the rooms have patios, when none of them do.
I have to go back thru the booking session to see what else they made up and get it fixed.
The worst offense, tho, was saying no address was required to make the rez. I had that fixed, I hope.
No wonder guests groused last year when they had to go upstairs. They all thought they got a first floor room with a patio.
Go try to make a reservation for your property. Make sure the info is all correct. We fill it out from our side but do we ever check?

B.con keep using a hilarious "enjoy beautiful sunsets on the beach" line with us. Hilarious because we're on the east coast. If you're down at the beach waiting for a sunset then you've got a problem!

that's befuddling. Why are they filling out your information in the first place?

that's befuddling. Why are they filling out your information in the first place?.
Iris said:
that's befuddling. Why are they filling out your information in the first place?
From what I remember they asked a few questions and then wrote up a blurb. But this isn't in that write up, it shows up in a highlights box on the side.
You don't write your own copy, altho you can probably keep calling until they write what you want.
I'll have to check again tomorrow.

Glad you had me do this!! We had made some changes earlier this year but I obviously missed a few things. And the wording of one room description is very misleading. "private bathroom and balcony" This may be where people are thinking they will have a private balcony when clearly shown in pictures as one large balcony that extends the full width of the house.

B.con keep using a hilarious "enjoy beautiful sunsets on the beach" line with us. Hilarious because we're on the east coast. If you're down at the beach waiting for a sunset then you've got a problem!.
anniesguesthouse said:
B.con keep using a hilarious "enjoy beautiful sunsets on the beach" line with us. Hilarious because we're on the east coast. If you're down at the beach waiting for a sunset then you've got a problem!
I had another directory put SUNRISE elopements.
Uh? Not very bloody likely!

B.con keep using a hilarious "enjoy beautiful sunsets on the beach" line with us. Hilarious because we're on the east coast. If you're down at the beach waiting for a sunset then you've got a problem!.
anniesguesthouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Enjoy Joey Bloggs' midnight standing in a pond elopements! Throw in a baptism for just $20 more!

anniesguesthouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Enjoy Joey Bloggs' midnight standing in a pond elopements! Throw in a baptism for just $20 more!
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Hey anybody wanna get saved come on down to da waterrr ...

anniesguesthouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You crack me up.

They did tell me it could be up to 2 weeks before the incorrect statements are removed. They wanted to know if guests were complaining.
It could explain why we had so much trouble last year with guests going upstairs. If they all thought they were getting rooms with outside entrances, they assumed no stairs.

anniesguesthouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Do a One Stop Shop.

thanks for pointing this out. One of our rooms showed that it can accommodate three adults and two children when it holds two adults max. and we do not accept kids under 10 yrs. That was on expedia though.

thanks for pointing this out. One of our rooms showed that it can accommodate three adults and two children when it holds two adults max. and we do not accept kids under 10 yrs. That was on expedia though..
It's good to check all the sources that you don't control.

anniesguesthouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You crack me up.
Copperhead said:
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
You crack me up.
And "his" picture is a real crack up!

Back