Turn Key, Successful Galveston Texas Bed & Breakfast For Sale

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My realtor is requesting income and some cost information for an out of state client who is pre-qualified, but hasn't seen the property in person. I'm a little weird about this, but it makes sense that the buyer would want to see if they can make the numbers work before flying down to see it and get their hopes up. What do you all think?

It's been on the market three days. I'm not crazy - I don't have my hopes up. But this is interesting. I didn't expect any interest for months..
The forum has had this discussion before, about giving out what might otherwise be considered confidential business information only to serious prospective buyers and not any tire-kicker who comes down the pike. I think you have to rely on the judgement of your realtor (or business-broker) as which category this inquirer might fall in.
Harborfields said:
The forum has had this discussion before, about giving out what might otherwise be considered confidential business information only to serious prospective buyers and not any tire-kicker who comes down the pike. I think you have to rely on the judgement of your realtor (or business-broker) as which category this inquirer might fall in.
We had this last weekend. Really put us out, were not here when they said they would be, we have a bloody full house and were uber busy. On top of it the fam wanted to take me out for mother's day lunch(since we are full on Sunday and have a wedding here) and couldn't. They told us they weren't even thinking of buying right now. They also told us they were not even interested in THIS area.
You have no idea how irritating this is when we are busy, and they pull this crap.
And Banana another thing is brokers and realtors will be wanting all of your info, don't trust the realtor to know the difference. We had a Virginia B&B Broker call with a "They are at the airport RIGHT NOW!" so he could get the financials.
I don't trust them as far as I can throw them! Yes, B&B BROKERS!
Anyway, this tire kicker asked for the info and DH said I am sure you already have it, no, he said he never got it. Funny I spent an hour on the phone with him.
All that to say, be prepared for those who are not even buying right now to EXPECT to put you out to see the inn.
we had this with my neighbor - we are in a terrace and 3 of the bb's in it for sale, couple had booked to see all three but were basically wasting people's time as 1 property has no owners accommodation and they have 2 kids, 1 has 1 double bedroom for owners accommodation - so both those are out unless they take bedrooms - the 3rd should be ok but has only 5 bedrooms and in my opinion is overpriced.
Plus the husband intends to work full time at his regular job.
Joey Camb said:
we had this with my neighbor - we are in a terrace and 3 of the bb's in it for sale, couple had booked to see all three but were basically wasting people's time as 1 property has no owners accommodation and they have 2 kids, 1 has 1 double bedroom for owners accommodation - so both those are out unless they take bedrooms - the 3rd should be ok but has only 5 bedrooms and in my opinion is overpriced.
I work full time at my regular job. It can work.
We are in the minority around here in not having one of us working full time. One couple we know they are both working other jobs. One of them commutes to another state. No idea how that works for them but it does.
Another couple one of them works and lives in another state.
Other innkeepers are working from home.
I have no idea how anyone does another job! Sure it's slow off season but in season? Yikes!

Had a GREAT showing today, very promising. Asked all the right questions, not too intrusive, personable, respectful. I even had the female half shadow me for a check in :) She was great! It's a couple from the East Coast that recently moved to a huge city a bit north of here and they're not "feeling" it there, and think they may like it better here, where the pace is a little slower. She has events management background, so that works in well with certain aspects of our business. She used the term "lifestyle" change several times, so I think she just "gets" it - this career choice isn't about the money. Lots of questions about possible expansion and growth in areas that I've often thought about...but I just don't have the passion anymore.

I'm excited. I am SO hoping that this continues as a B&B - the house and the energy just demand it. People love this place, and I would hate to shut the doors. Positive thoughts, please!

Had a GREAT showing today, very promising. Asked all the right questions, not too intrusive, personable, respectful. I even had the female half shadow me for a check in :) She was great! It's a couple from the East Coast that recently moved to a huge city a bit north of here and they're not "feeling" it there, and think they may like it better here, where the pace is a little slower. She has events management background, so that works in well with certain aspects of our business. She used the term "lifestyle" change several times, so I think she just "gets" it - this career choice isn't about the money. Lots of questions about possible expansion and growth in areas that I've often thought about...but I just don't have the passion anymore.

I'm excited. I am SO hoping that this continues as a B&B - the house and the energy just demand it. People love this place, and I would hate to shut the doors. Positive thoughts, please!.
Wonderful!! Here is hoping!!!

I'm excited. I am SO hoping that this continues as a B&B - the house and the energy just demand it. People love this place, and I would hate to shut the doors. Positive thoughts, please!.
Fingers crossed... I know you are ready!

My realtor is requesting income and some cost information for an out of state client who is pre-qualified, but hasn't seen the property in person. I'm a little weird about this, but it makes sense that the buyer would want to see if they can make the numbers work before flying down to see it and get their hopes up. What do you all think?

It's been on the market three days. I'm not crazy - I don't have my hopes up. But this is interesting. I didn't expect any interest for months..
Harborfields said:
We had this last weekend. Really put us out, were not here when they said they would be, we have a bloody full house and were uber busy. On top of it the fam wanted to take me out for mother's day lunch(since we are full on Sunday and have a wedding here) and couldn't. They told us they weren't even thinking of buying right now. They also told us they were not even interested in THIS area.
You have no idea how irritating this is when we are busy, and they pull this crap.
And Banana another thing is brokers and realtors will be wanting all of your info, don't trust the realtor to know the difference. We had a Virginia B&B Broker call with a "They are at the airport RIGHT NOW!" so he could get the financials.
I don't trust them as far as I can throw them! Yes, B&B BROKERS!
Anyway, this tire kicker asked for the info and DH said I am sure you already have it, no, he said he never got it. Funny I spent an hour on the phone with him.
All that to say, be prepared for those who are not even buying right now to EXPECT to put you out to see the inn.
Joey Camb said:
I work full time at my regular job. It can work.
We are in the minority around here in not having one of us working full time. One couple we know they are both working other jobs. One of them commutes to another state. No idea how that works for them but it does.
Another couple one of them works and lives in another state.
Other innkeepers are working from home.
I have no idea how anyone does another job! Sure it's slow off season but in season? Yikes!
This year is busy and yes, it's quite the balancing act. I have an incredibly understanding workplace, and trained a relief person to do my job there. It would be far more difficult to find and train someone to do THIS job on a relief basis.
regular_smile.gif

thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

Here is website listing with more information and photos.
My those mile high baked eggs look good!
Oh gosh, I forgot I provided a listing to my site on here. And I have been such a grouch lately! Removing link!
Edited: Wait, if I remove the link, I might as well remove this whole topic. What say you? I've been pretty crabby lately and really don't want people to know who I am!

You can't remove it. But you can change the title since you created it! Do that if you feel the need. It is the agent listing anyway, not the website.

You can't remove it. But you can change the title since you created it! Do that if you feel the need. It is the agent listing anyway, not the website..
Ugh! But I did put the website listing in here also, just not the original post. And that post does not have an "edit" button

Fingers crossed... I know you are ready!
Thank you!

Good luck! (When we bought our inn, the owner offered 40 hours of training and we ended up getting about 12 hours. I can't imagine what you need to teach over 30 days.).
Oh you would be surprised. I think she means she will be available to consult for 30 days should questions arise. Some new owners will call up every day and ask some sort of question. You may be the exception :)
I think you are both right. I did mean extensive training - like side by side assistance. But 30 days is too much. I think maybe a week training and up to 60 days consulting is more realistic.

A little part of me is still attached also :) So I'd like to be involved for as long as the new owners might let me. Maybe. We'll see.

Also, how do you like the "B&B in their retirement" enticement? That's for the dreamers out there :) Wait...I mean...this is the PERFECT retirement job!
The place looks lovely! And your price is good too I think. Could never buy that here for your price. That's why we never sold.
Though the price may not be very attractive to every one but I really the one month free guidance. It is quite must for new owners ion such locations. Read more

I am unable to edit the original post above. For interested parties, this inn is temporarily off the market (for an undetermined amount of time) while we tend to some repairs and remodeling projects.

Edited to add that this inn is back on the market. I can not edit the "agent listing" button on the original post, but This link will provide more info on the property. Please read the entire listing and our requirements for showings, financial information, etc....PRIOR to contact!

Is there some way for me to change the link for the "agent listing" above so it will go to the current listing?

Back