Turn your blog into a book!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Turn your blog into a book!
Blog2Print from SharedBook turns your blog into a soft cover or hard cover book. You pick the cover, add an optional dedication, then preview and you're done. Prices start at $14.95.
This came up as I was adding a new blog article today...might be fin to have in your library or parlor for guests. :)

JB, I think your blog in particular would make a really good little book for guests.
In their rooms and available to buy so they can take back home with them.
Don't know that you'd make a profit with it. But you'd recover a good deal of the cost and keep all the memories of your inn fresh for a very very long time. A terrific marketing tool.

Your blog would make an awesome book! The wealth of knowledge about your area would be fantastic for someone to take away with them. A regional treasure. :)

It is approx $50 it would not be a good little book for them to take home. :) Uh no, there would be zero profit. I posted in case anyone wants to keep their blogs like this - you know what is the word - ?? memento for the innkeepers. Sorry I just cleaned up two exploded cans of cheerwine that were all over my kitchen floor and counter and can't think straight and my connectivity was hosed here.
But the sun is shining and I look forward to seeing an innmate on Friday!

I'm so happy to see this post! I want to have my travel blog made into a book for my husband and I. Thanks for posting this!

It is approx $50 it would not be a good little book for them to take home. :) Uh no, there would be zero profit. I posted in case anyone wants to keep their blogs like this - you know what is the word - ?? memento for the innkeepers. Sorry I just cleaned up two exploded cans of cheerwine that were all over my kitchen floor and counter and can't think straight and my connectivity was hosed here.
But the sun is shining and I look forward to seeing an innmate on Friday!.
Bummer.... Well, it sounds like a good memento for inn-retirement someday. :)

Here is the skinny y'all - I gave it a trial run and GC your travel blog would be excellent in this format. A couple things:
  1. You can't change or edit the blog while in this pgrm, it only pulls the blog from Blogger/Blogspot. You can select the articles you want IN, So give it a date range, and then you can DESELECT any you prefer not to print. I did this as I had a couple with VIDEOS and they show up as jibberish only.
  2. You CAN change out photos - that is a boon - so you can upload some high rez for the cover and back.
  3. You can also have a dedication on the first page - so that is neat.
  4. The end of the book there are a couple pages just for photos. You can add as many ADDTl pages as you wish.
  5. There is a Contents page and a few other pages that take up SPACE, so the $24.95 for 20 pages really only gives you like 10, each addtl page is 35 cents, so make it worthwhile and add as many pages as you like, the more you add the less, ie .35 cents each addtl.
  6. Some of the color formatting is gone, I tend to have two colors - blue for headers and black for text - then the color photos which look great. The RED that I have on part of a siggie line is black. But fortunately I always bolded that, so it still shows up.

Does it print like the blog with the latest page showing first or does it print from the first to the last? This is good stuff to know - especially about adding pictures! I would also edit the blog for videos, missing pics, spelling mistakes, etc. I'm quite excited about this!!!!

Does it print like the blog with the latest page showing first or does it print from the first to the last? This is good stuff to know - especially about adding pictures! I would also edit the blog for videos, missing pics, spelling mistakes, etc. I'm quite excited about this!!!!.
ginocat said:
Does it print like the blog with the latest page showing first or does it print from the first to the last? This is good stuff to know - especially about adding pictures! I would also edit the blog for videos, missing pics, spelling mistakes, etc. I'm quite excited about this!!!!
You can tell it latest first or oldest first.
It might take some time to review each one and go back for errors, so I would have a window open for each and click back and forth.
I made a book similar to this for our family from another website (of photos and captions) only and the quality was excellent, glossy hard cover, the photos came out great (as long as you add the highest rez photos you can). It is definitely a keepsake! Fun to sit and look through.

I expect the edited pics I used directly from Picassa will be a better quality than the ones I had to upload from my docs. Regardless of the quality it will be nice to have.
Good point about having the blog and edit page open in separate windows!
We were in Sudan again AND Saudi Arabia this year.

I expect the edited pics I used directly from Picassa will be a better quality than the ones I had to upload from my docs. Regardless of the quality it will be nice to have.
We were in Sudan again AND Saudi Arabia this year..
ginocat said:
We were in Sudan again AND Saudi Arabia this year.
I saw your comment, you got home just before the elections, I was thinking about you there. Good luck with the book, I know he will love it!

Gino, I have a guest tonight from the Sudan from near Juba. Mar31st
He is here on a special forum to raise awareness and funds to build a school for displaced children and sustainability effort.

He is here on a special forum to raise awareness and funds to build a school for displaced children and sustainability effort.
Interesting guest! I hope you get a chance to have a chat with him.

Samster said:
Not much they have an early presentation today, but the girls met him and I did this morning. He speaks one or more of the 18 languages spoken in Southern Sudan and his accent is very thick. I told him about our friends very near him there on the White Nile. We have had some really interesting guests lately. Took a booking this morning (online rez) for a lady here for State Sporting Clays Championship nearby (I blogged about it under mancations, but see women are into it too!)

Samster said:
Not much they have an early presentation today, but the girls met him and I did this morning. He speaks one or more of the 18 languages spoken in Southern Sudan and his accent is very thick. I told him about our friends very near him there on the White Nile. We have had some really interesting guests lately. Took a booking this morning (online rez) for a lady here for State Sporting Clays Championship nearby (I blogged about it under mancations, but see women are into it too!)
Hi,
I was out of town for a couple of days. How did you get the Sudanese fellow? What town was he from? We have relatives in Juba. I'm guessing he may have been Christian??

Samster said:
Hi,
I was out of town for a couple of days. How did you get the Sudanese fellow? What town was he from? We have relatives in Juba. I'm guessing he may have been Christian??
ginocat said:
Hi,
Yes he was an Anglican Priest. The people we know there have a Chaplaincy school, so he was familiar with it. Also our friend I told you about a few years ago who was there 13 years ago interviewing some of the SPLA and sending these videos to congress. He was shocked when he met us and for us to know people he knows in Sudan. You know the small world thing. :)
I contacted the high and middle school here to ask if they would like him to speak there, he is in the area until the 18th and said he would love to share Sudan with the schools. Unfortunately, I won't go on about it, but much of the school system here has very ignorant worldview and are not interested in expanding it. My oldest is studying world religions right now at school - so I contacted those teachers - a perfect opportunity for them.
We thoroughly enjoyed his visit, but it was just brief and off the next morning after an early breakfast to his speaking engagement. I wanted to go as well - but had 5 rooms exit and 3 checking in. DANG IT!

Sudan is going through some very trying times right now. It makes us very sad. We have a Sudanese friend living not too far from us who was one of the lost boys. He is doing fine now but has a brother who has been in and out of trouble and no wonder. The south is primarily Christian. My family are Muslim but there are Anglican, United and Catholic schools predominately Muslim Khartoum. There is a woman from the south who cleans for my in-laws and I go to church with her at least once every visit. Her church congregation has people from many different tribal areas of the south and with many different languages. The service is primarily in Arabic but each group sings and someone tells the sermon in each language. Consequently it is a very long service. When I attend they do the service primarily in English which is so sweet! My husband always attends with me. There are wealthy churches in Khartoum but the one we attend is in a very, very poor area. The church has a dirt floor and bench seats. They always find some chairs when I or other visitors attend.
I'm happy to hear your eldest is taking world religions at school. It should be mandatory in my opinion. It is so important to understand other religions and by understanding fear disappears.
I'm happy you got to meet the man. Sudanese people are very special!

Back