Turning point for B&B's?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am late to the party, so I'll move past the cake throwing and head right to the punch bowl.
teeth_smile.gif

I saw something interesting in this thread that I haven't picked up on before and it was a good reminder.
Many inns are niche inns, many inns are in niche areas and many are a blend of the two.
The guests a niche inn gets is going to be different from the guest an inn in a niche area gets.
I don't know what it would be like to run an inn in a strictly niche area. Those folks must have to contend with an entirely different kind of guest.
We stayed at an inn that was over the top religious once, and we wondered how they could handle having us stay with them, given our Bohemian ways.
wink_smile.gif
It was a generic place that eschewed its niche on line, which surprised us. We thought there would be a strong enough market for them to sing out their preferences to pull in the perfect guests, but apparently they saw themselves as an inn in a niche area. It was odd and I don't think we would be able to do it.

Back