TV Guides

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know what....that's a good idea. I'm going to print the list of now and put it with the remote in the rooms. Thank you.
ps: Just gone to do it and discovered that Freeview (which is the digital TV service in our guest rooms) has a channel guide on their website in PDF format all ready to download and print. Fabby..
Highlands John said:
Do you know what....that's a good idea. I'm going to print the list of now and put it with the remote in the rooms. Thank you.
ps: Just gone to do it and discovered that Freeview (which is the digital TV service in our guest rooms) has a channel guide on their website in PDF format all ready to download and print. Fabby.
Went to clean the rooms this morning and the first room I went into has the brand new TV Guide I printed yesterday on the bedside, so they've obviously used it (HURRAH) ........................as a coaster, there's a big stain on the front...............B*****ds!!!
this is why I have a laminator! lol

ps: Just gone to do it and discovered that Freeview (which is the digital TV service in our guest rooms) has a channel guide on their website in PDF format all ready to download and print. Fabby..
Highlands John said:
ps: Just gone to do it and discovered that Freeview (which is the digital TV service in our guest rooms) has a channel guide on their website in PDF format all ready to download and print. Fabby.
Went to clean the rooms this morning and the first room I went into has the brand new TV Guide I printed yesterday on the bedside, so they've obviously used it (HURRAH) ........................as a coaster, there's a big stain on the front...............B*****ds!!!
Will it laminate the toilets so we don't have to clean them every day ?

Highlands John said:
Will it laminate the toilets so we don't have to clean them every day ?
i wish!

I just don't like the on-screen TV guides that show a few channels per screen. Takes forever to scan through them all, and I don't want to have to go through that every time I want to change the channel. And later I can't remember which channel brings up the guide! If you only have a dozen channels, flipping through them is no problem. If you have over 20 channels, though, thoughtful inns will give me a guide on paper, right there in black and ink!
(Black and ink is an Arkansas expression familiar from the old Lum 'n' Abner radio show, set here in fictional Pine Ridge, Arkansas.).
Arkansawyer said:
I just don't like the on-screen TV guides that show a few channels per screen. Takes forever to scan through them all, and I don't want to have to go through that every time I want to change the channel. And later I can't remember which channel brings up the guide! If you only have a dozen channels, flipping through them is no problem. If you have over 20 channels, though, thoughtful inns will give me a guide on paper, right there in black and ink!
(Black and ink is an Arkansas expression familiar from the old Lum 'n' Abner radio show, set here in fictional Pine Ridge, Arkansas.)
But we already know guests do not read! So many here have wonderful books in the rooms with so much information - this would just be one more piece of ignored information that would drive the innkeeper up the wall when they ask - What channel is ESPN?
gillumhouse said:
But we already know guests do not read! ... this would just be one more piece of ignored information that would drive the innkeeper up the wall when they ask - What channel is ESPN?
I think it's a mistake to feel that, while SOME don't read, it's not worth doing. For TV nuts like me, WE READ AND NEED TV GUIDES. We're from out of town and are lost when confronted with your 50+ channels scattered all over the place.
But don't put the guide in a guest book. Put it right by the TV remote. Remote + Guide. The perfect pair.

(Black and ink is an Arkansas expression familiar from the old Lum 'n' Abner radio show, set here in fictional Pine Ridge, Arkansas.).
Arkansawyer said:
(Black and ink is an Arkansas expression familiar from the old Lum 'n' Abner radio show, set here in fictional Pine Ridge, Arkansas.)
But we already know guests do not read! So many here have wonderful books in the rooms with so much information - this would just be one more piece of ignored information that would drive the innkeeper up the wall when they ask - What channel is ESPN?
gillumhouse said:
But we already know guests do not read! ... this would just be one more piece of ignored information that would drive the innkeeper up the wall when they ask - What channel is ESPN?
I think it's a mistake to feel that, while SOME don't read, it's not worth doing. For TV nuts like me, WE READ AND NEED TV GUIDES. We're from out of town and are lost when confronted with your 50+ channels scattered all over the place.
But don't put the guide in a guest book. Put it right by the TV remote. Remote + Guide. The perfect pair.
Yep, right by the remote - but in plastic or laminated.
wink_smile.gif

Arkansawyer said:
gillumhouse said:
This should probably be on a different thread but I had a call last night from one of my guests (actually another innkeeper ). She got distracted while she was packing up and managed to bring my tv remote home with her!
embaressed_smile.gif
I'm sure that will stay a big laugh in her family.

Arkansawyer said:
gillumhouse said:
This should probably be on a different thread but I had a call last night from one of my guests (actually another innkeeper ). She got distracted while she was packing up and managed to bring my tv remote home with her!
embaressed_smile.gif
I'm sure that will stay a big laugh in her family.
Aha! So it really does happen accidently!

Back