Twitter and Facebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get very little activity from our Facebook page. I am personally starting to get bored with Facebook.
If you are on Facebook anyway, then use it. But as a marketing tool, I see little value in it..
From where I'm standing the only people making money from FB advertising are consultants who advise businesses on advertising on FB.
Highlands John said:
From where I'm standing the only people making money from FB advertising are consultants who advise businesses on advertising on FB.
We don't advertise with facebook but we have an active presence there. I always try to promote the businesses around me, hence, I link quite a bit of interesting content a couple of times a week as well as pictures of the area, etc. I make sure that I share my blog posts there too.
I am not going to advertise there...
wink_smile.gif

We get very little activity from our Facebook page. I am personally starting to get bored with Facebook.
If you are on Facebook anyway, then use it. But as a marketing tool, I see little value in it..
Highlands John said:
We don't advertise with facebook but we have an active presence there. I always try to promote the businesses around me, hence, I link quite a bit of interesting content a couple of times a week as well as pictures of the area, etc. I make sure that I share my blog posts there too.
wink_smile.gif

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Highlands John said:
wink_smile.gif
Iris! We have missed you, welcome back.

Highlands John said:
wink_smile.gif

I don't advertise on facebook either. They have enough information about me as it is; I'm not going to give them my cc number as well!
Just using fb organically, it's my number one referrer of traffic to my website. Number one by far -- over twice as many clickthrus in the past two months as the number two referrer.

Highlands John said:
wink_smile.gif

I don't advertise on facebook either. They have enough information about me as it is; I'm not going to give them my cc number as well!
Just using fb organically, it's my number one referrer of traffic to my website. Number one by far -- over twice as many clickthrus in the past two months as the number two referrer.
That is amazing! I'm going to have to look how you have your page laid out. Altho, your photos and the events you write about are great so that has a lot to do with it! We get almost no clicks from FB to our page. I will get them from FB to our blog when I post an article but that's about it. I need to make it easier to click from FB to the website.

This is kinda neat. I got a booking yesterday and in the "where did you hear about us" field they put a local business's facebook page. This business shared one of my photos -- not even directly from my page but from another page's share -- and one of their fans followed it back to me and booked a getaway.
This is where I see the value of facebook: not for the number of people that like my page but for the number of potential guests who can be reached. Can't run a facebook page as a little island; it has to be part of a network..
Facebook - such a mystery. Our "page" has many "friends" but it's unclear whether this contributes to our bookings. It may be that word of "facebook" is an unknown alchemy - just like "word of mouth" marketing - but on a huge scale! However,we rarely find bookings who say they found us on "facebook". Usually its our Google placing. I like the observation, though, that you can't run your facebook page as a "little island"! This is good advice!

can i just say that i follow some of you on facebook and i don't see reasons to go to your website? although i recently saw one that i have tucked away in my file for a someday soon i hope ...
but mostly i just read what's happening with your places on facebook. and i enjoy it. some of you work so hard it and i can tell and i appreciate it.
if you are doing a promotion or there is a reason for a potential guest to click through (that's the term, right?) then i think you'd see it.
like if you said ... so and so pub or museum or festival is offering this special ... or this is event is taking place in our town ... take advantage of our special rate that night or whatever by clicking here. or opposite, book through this link and receive a 10% off at jimbo's coffee. i don't know something like that.
i am trying to learn this even though i don't have a business to promote this way. i am attending online workshops and will share what i learn ... unless it's just a promo to sign on with some 'expert'.
ps did someone say there's a spellcheck here?

Highlands John said:
wink_smile.gif

IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Highlands John said:
wink_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Highlands John said:
wink_smile.gif
Thank you, Joey Glad to stop in and see all the familiar faces. I hope to be back a little more frequently :)

Back