Twitter Crushing Facebook's Click-Through Rate: Report

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still like Facebook better ....if I HAVE to like on of them. Twitter to me is just that a bunch of "twits"... who cares for about 99% of what is posted there??? Not me for sure.

Joey...EXPLAIN Twitter to me! I desperately want to be hip but it makes no sense to me at all!!!!!! I can't read the shorthand, is there an idiots guide somewhere?
BUT, they have more click-thrus because most of the posts are links, not the case on FB.

Don a link with a teaser is all it is, to an article, photo, blog whatever, you get a tweet and can read or not, and not have 100 different peoples feedback on it like in FB. It is (to me) easier to follow who I want to follow. If the tweets are all personal nature I won't follow them. I am there for the info. Case in point - an innmate from the forum tweeted this:
Triple Sheeting vs. Bed Bugs[/h3]Article here
About the fear of bed bugs, when in reality if we used one of those crime scene lights we, as a guest, would find a lot worse to worry about in our rooms.

Don a link with a teaser is all it is, to an article, photo, blog whatever, you get a tweet and can read or not, and not have 100 different peoples feedback on it like in FB. It is (to me) easier to follow who I want to follow. If the tweets are all personal nature I won't follow them. I am there for the info. Case in point - an innmate from the forum tweeted this:
About the fear of bed bugs, when in reality if we used one of those crime scene lights we, as a guest, would find a lot worse to worry about in our rooms.

Thanks JB for the example, I think maybe I am just following the wrong people
wink_smile.gif
No seriously, I don't get it at all. Do these "Tweets" come through as emails to you?
And the article...triple sheeting looks nice but isn't going to do a thing about bedbugs (esp if the spread is STILL not getting changed!)

Joey, I know this is off topic but do you use any of those website program things to help with twitter?

wink_smile.gif
No seriously, I don't get it at all. Do these "Tweets" come through as emails to you?
And the article...triple sheeting looks nice but isn't going to do a thing about bedbugs (esp if the spread is STILL not getting changed!)
Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
I think the author is pointing out that while everyone is freaking out about bedbugs, there is plenty of dirty icky stuff on the blankets and bedcovers that is probably just as gross that they are touching and not even realizing it. Triple sheeting makes it so that the blanket is kept cleaner inbetween washings by the sheets. That's why we triple sheet.
RIki

wink_smile.gif
Don Draper said:
wink_smile.gif
I think the author is pointing out that while everyone is freaking out about bedbugs, there is plenty of dirty icky stuff on the blankets and bedcovers that is probably just as gross that they are touching and not even realizing it. Triple sheeting makes it so that the blanket is kept cleaner inbetween washings by the sheets. That's why we triple sheet.
RIki
I think I'm missing something here...the third sheet goes between the blanket and the spread, right? I don't see how that keeps anything cleaner. If the third sheet was on TOP of the spread, I'd get it, but then it would be covering your spread, right? See, Twitter isn't the only thing that makes me go cross-eyed...
wow.gif

Joey...EXPLAIN Twitter to me! I desperately want to be hip but it makes no sense to me at all!!!!!! I can't read the shorthand, is there an idiots guide somewhere?
BUT, they have more click-thrus because most of the posts are links, not the case on FB..
Don Draper said:
I desperately want to be hip but it makes no sense to me at all!!!!!! I can't read the shorthand, is there an idiots guide somewhere?
I feel the same way. I would love to be hip and cool, but I just don't think I can wrap my mind around Twitter.

Joey, I know this is off topic but do you use any of those website program things to help with twitter?.
toddburme said:
Joey, I know this is off topic but do you use any of those website program things to help with twitter?
Nutshellmail.
I also have KEY WORDS so if anyone speaks of our B&B, or certain other things dear to my heart like my town or county or a few tourism lines, I get a list in the nutshell mail recap.
Anytime I am retweeted or replied to etc.

Penelope thanks, I didn't know I was hip and cool, you forgot groovy. tee hee

Example, just got this (another I follow who tweets newly published travel books or re-released books)
travel_book New Travel Books
Travels with a Donkey (Atlas Pocket Classics) - by Robert Louis Stevenson. http://amzn.to/aGsaQF
I clicked as I like these types of books...
Book Description: This travel classic from a celebrated author captures France in a uniquely insightful perspective. Robert Louis Stevenson's Travels with a Donkey is the notebook he kept during his respite from poor health, tormented love, and inadequate friends—a thoroughly entertaining account of the French people and their country.

Back