Twitter overload?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Anyone ever have Twitter die on them? I don't tweet a lot and when I tried today I kept getting time outs from the Twitter server.

I too have been seeing problems with Twitter lately - processing has been VERY slow, and sometimes the process will "die" on me...and a page shows that says something like, "We're experiencing a high volume, we could not process your request." With the attention and new sign-ups they've been getting the past several weeks and months, I'll bet they're having a difficult time keeping up with demand.
I have a Twitter feed on my blog at www.innkeepingblog.com. A number of us will be "Tweeting" from the Innkeeping Show in Atlanta next week - live microblogging of what we're observing and thinking throughout the event. We are hoping to have a feed at www.paii.org, where all "Tweets" from "Twitterers" at the show will be posted real-time for everyone to see. This lingo is crazy, isn't it?

I too have been seeing problems with Twitter lately - processing has been VERY slow, and sometimes the process will "die" on me...and a page shows that says something like, "We're experiencing a high volume, we could not process your request." With the attention and new sign-ups they've been getting the past several weeks and months, I'll bet they're having a difficult time keeping up with demand.
I have a Twitter feed on my blog at www.innkeepingblog.com. A number of us will be "Tweeting" from the Innkeeping Show in Atlanta next week - live microblogging of what we're observing and thinking throughout the event. We are hoping to have a feed at www.paii.org, where all "Tweets" from "Twitterers" at the show will be posted real-time for everyone to see. This lingo is crazy, isn't it?.
Thanks Jay for keeping your feet wet in the newest technology. Though I have to say I think time spent writing on your blog would have a more lasting and helpful impact than a bunch of tweets....they are just to short and short-lived to convey any great wisdom. But hey if you have the energy to do both...tweet on. ;)

I have a Twitter feed on my blog at www.innkeepingblog.com. A number of us will be "Tweeting" from the Innkeeping Show in Atlanta next week - live microblogging of what we're observing and thinking throughout the event. We are hoping to have a feed at www.paii.org, where all "Tweets" from "Twitterers" at the show will be posted real-time for everyone to see. This lingo is crazy, isn't it?.
Thanks Jay for keeping your feet wet in the newest technology. Though I have to say I think time spent writing on your blog would have a more lasting and helpful impact than a bunch of tweets....they are just to short and short-lived to convey any great wisdom. But hey if you have the energy to do both...tweet on. ;)
Hmm gives me an idea for a bit of fun. Great works of prose condensed into a 140 character tweet.

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains: round the decay Of that colossal wr

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; a

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror

Hmm gives me an idea for a bit of fun. Great works of prose condensed into a 140 character tweet.

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains: round the decay Of that colossal wr

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; a

So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror
swirt said:
This one's definitely best!
=)
Kk.

Maybe I can apply to be a ghost tweeter!
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']TECHNETDAILY
When stars Twitter, a ghost may be lurking
Celebrities, politicians hire help to feed demand for wireless content
--International Herald Tribune[/FONT].
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Maybe I can apply to be a ghost tweeter!
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']TECHNETDAILY
When stars Twitter, a ghost may be lurking
Celebrities, politicians hire help to feed demand for wireless content
--International Herald Tribune[/FONT]
Had to happen. How could some of those people possibly be tweeting when they are obviously doing something else at the time! OK, I have to take that back...obviously the b-ball player was tweeting at half-time and his coach was not happy.

Again today I couldn't do anything on Twitter..
Out of curiosity, are you twittering as a form of business promotion or for personal friends/family connections?
I don't tweet, at least not yet. I'm working on getting more content and activity on my fb page.

Out of curiosity, are you twittering as a form of business promotion or for personal friends/family connections?
I don't tweet, at least not yet. I'm working on getting more content and activity on my fb page.
Strictly biz as none of my family would even know what Twitter is. And that includes the teens, but probably not for long.

Strictly biz as none of my family would even know what Twitter is. And that includes the teens, but probably not for long.
Do you have a link or something on your website for people to follow you on twitter? Do you know if you have a lot of followers? It sounds like it's less time consuming as fb.

Do you have a link or something on your website for people to follow you on twitter? Do you know if you have a lot of followers? It sounds like it's less time consuming as fb.
happyjacks said:
I don't have anything on my website about Twitter or FB. You know how many followers you have because it's in your profile. Plus you get an email everytime someone decides to follow you (if you sign up to get the emails). Which is what I was trying to do today...follow more other businesses.
For me, I think Twitter is better. It's short and sweet, requires no photo uploads everytime you post about something. Altho, what I'm reading now is pretty much what was said about blogging...don't make it all business all the time.
Serioulsy, tho, if I were going to tweet about inconsequential stuff, I would get my own Twitter acct. I'm not going to tweet about me on the biz acct.

OK, I'm hoping the Twitter people realize they need bigger, better, smarter, faster servers. Everytime I try to logon on now I get an error message page that says 'Twitter Overload please try again later.'
If you are using your cellphone/Blackberry are you seeing this same thing?

Back