Ugly Curtains Need New Life!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that style goes with the character of the house, but the look is passe now. JCP has those kinds of window treatments if that is what you are looking for. Me I prefer less is better now. I would rather see light coming through the window and the view.

I guess that style goes with the character of the house, but the look is passe now. JCP has those kinds of window treatments if that is what you are looking for. Me I prefer less is better now. I would rather see light coming through the window and the view..
I can't have full light there, it is blinding. See how bright it is with the sheer on it? I would have it wide open, but even now you hit that area and have to adjust your eyes before turning to go down the stairs. It is GLARE, maybe that is a better term.

Why not make it JUST sheers? it is not a guest room that has a privacy issue. Get sheers with a bit of a pattern in them to difuse the glare.
I just finished replacing my kitchen curtains (thought 16 years was long enough). Turning that sewing machine flywheel by hand to get them finished was a
potty-mouth.gif
!.
Because it is a grand window and focal point up there, so needs a bit of framing (curtain wise). I am anti curtain y'all, just so you know, I would have nothing, if it were my home. In our quarters we have no curtains, only shades.
There really is an awesome view of the mountains etc out this window (I was embarrassed for anyone to peek out before and see the rusty tin roof right there, it is somewhat flat so the worst part of the roof)
And can you add a mirror or something similar along the stairs to bounce more light around?
Sorry for the multiple posts on the same topic. My account was blocked as spam and now everything is popping up. It seems I created my account at the same time as the spamoholic who hit the other day.

I guess that style goes with the character of the house, but the look is passe now. JCP has those kinds of window treatments if that is what you are looking for. Me I prefer less is better now. I would rather see light coming through the window and the view..
I can't have full light there, it is blinding. See how bright it is with the sheer on it? I would have it wide open, but even now you hit that area and have to adjust your eyes before turning to go down the stairs. It is GLARE, maybe that is a better term.
Have you seen those sheets of vinyl that look like stain glass ...other patterns available as well. You just wet the window and apply and it stays. I got it at Lowe's or Home Depot
I have some on my sunporch door. it has worked well for us. It was for privacyfrom guests...on nights I would be in the hot tub. The windows are too high to see in,but walking by the door you can see it.

Have you seen those sheets of vinyl that look like stain glass ...other patterns available as well. You just wet the window and apply and it stays. I got it at Lowe's or Home Depot
I have some on my sunporch door. it has worked well for us. It was for privacyfrom guests...on nights I would be in the hot tub. The windows are too high to see in,but walking by the door you can see it.
catlady said:
I have seen those!
Speaking of views, don't forget to post some Fall photos for us here - soon, it has got to be soon it is so cold this weekend, only 52 right now at 3pm.

Late on reading this post, but if you have an awsome view why hide it? I like the second picture and maybe not white but creme colored? with the scarf and as Gillum said sheers with a pattern like roses or something like that with a solid scarf...this way its easy to see the view and it diffuses the glare...good luck

Okay peeps, here is a view from that window, I grabbed my camera and lo and behold the Fedex truck pulled up with the new window coverings, after going to lowes to get an anti glare film we will be installing these babies today! Hurray!
The leaves are only beginning to change, they will be dramatic in 2 more weeks. Heartwrenching dramatic. Can you tell I love Fall?
try this one> or this one here

Okay peeps, here is a view from that window, I grabbed my camera and lo and behold the Fedex truck pulled up with the new window coverings, after going to lowes to get an anti glare film we will be installing these babies today! Hurray!
The leaves are only beginning to change, they will be dramatic in 2 more weeks. Heartwrenching dramatic. Can you tell I love Fall?
try this one> or this one here.
Yup, that is gonna be a great view!

try this one> or this one here.
Gone already! Dang!

Useful information shared..I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

Please have the pictures shown. I recommend you use window blinds. It would give your window extra looks and it would be more savvy than having curtains. I could not do the task but being a home designer, I can provide your more insights on how to make the best design for your window. Using the suggestion that I gave would somehow solve your window issues.

Back