Uh oh! We just did our first booking!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
A group wanted the whole BnB for the last weeekend in August. The good news is it gives us a D Day to shoot for so projects don't just run out endlessly.

Wonderful. Have fun. My first guests knew they were the first and were pleased to be a part of history!

How fun Todd! I remember installing the towel rack as guests rolled in...a deadline will do wonders for you get-up-and-go! Like I always say, the best way to get the house in order is invite someone over for dinner! Incetive, we might like to call it.

PS You will always remember your first. I am still sad over mine, it was a fling-a-ding-ding and they didn't show for breakfast the first morning. They did the second. I was DEVASTATED.
In fact, of all the blur of "Joe Guests" with barely even seeing those guests 7 years ago, I recall their faces as clear as day!!! I wanted to send them a thankyou card for being our first and all that...never did. I was sad.

Nothing like diving right on in.
thumbs_up.gif

And, being the first guests will be special for you and for them. Our first guest was just back for her third stay, and she lives on the far side of the country from where we are.

I think a set date to be done by is a good thing as it focuses your mind to get things done and prioritise it is why I always set myself deadlines as then I can aim to beat them (note I do always add in a good amount of contingency time ie when we built room 12 I added in an extra month and I am glad I did!) It does make you make decisions and so on quicker.

Americans and baseball and all that "Gotta keep your eye on the ball!"

another trial by fire. i had a whole house booking very early in the game ... but not the first guests. just remember that whole house bookings are different than the norm. they might stress you to the max. read up on the threads about whole house bookings so you can be prepared.
exciting to start!! yes, you can easily put off opening your doors if you're not forced into a date. good luck.

Congrats and good luck
This is exciting............. a couple members have openned their doors this year........another has taken ownership and has begun renovations.

another trial by fire. i had a whole house booking very early in the game ... but not the first guests. just remember that whole house bookings are different than the norm. they might stress you to the max. read up on the threads about whole house bookings so you can be prepared.
exciting to start!! yes, you can easily put off opening your doors if you're not forced into a date. good luck..
I thought about that. We are hoping to be ready the weekend before and have some friends stay to give us a dry run.
Eveyone else - thanks for all the support. :)

Back