Uh, Sorry?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inncogneeto

Reaction score
Soooo....
Anyone ever go up to clean a bathroom thinking that your SO was already up there starting on the shower, only to accidentally walk in on a nude guest of the opposite sex?
Dh thinks saying "Sorry" is an inappropriate response, might add insult to injury!
Uh...
Yeah.
And why, when this happens, can't it be a guest who looks like George Clooney?
wink_smile.gif

Yeah, why is that? (The George Clooney part, I mean.) I'd have to say this has not happened as when one of us is in the room all the cleaning paraphernalia is in the room and the door is open.
As for what to say, unless you're quick and can gasp, 'OMG!' waggle your eyebrows, blush and run, there's not much more to say other than 'excuse me,' or, 'Whoa, YOU'RE not my husband!' I also favor, 'Be still my heart.'
Anyway you look at it
wink_smile.gif
it's an awkward situation and there's not much TO say. Skedaddling is the best bet.

whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

this is a joke, right?
i had guests exit for the day and chambermaid went in to fluff and man had slipped back up to his room and was p'ing. i insist all who enter rooms now bang on the door and shout HOUSEKEEPING! even if we are sure they've gone out.

this is a joke, right?
i had guests exit for the day and chambermaid went in to fluff and man had slipped back up to his room and was p'ing. i insist all who enter rooms now bang on the door and shout HOUSEKEEPING! even if we are sure they've gone out..
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
i had guests exit for the day and chambermaid went in to fluff and man had slipped back up to his room and was p'ing. i insist all who enter rooms now bang on the door and shout HOUSEKEEPING! even if we are sure they've gone out.
What about the guests at check in, I show them to their room and he walks in to pee with the door wide open as I am mid-speach...I just turned and walked out of the room. I didn't say anything, I hope the wife let him have it!

this is a joke, right?
i had guests exit for the day and chambermaid went in to fluff and man had slipped back up to his room and was p'ing. i insist all who enter rooms now bang on the door and shout HOUSEKEEPING! even if we are sure they've gone out..
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
What about the guests at check in, I show them to their room and he walks in to pee with the door wide open as I am mid-speach...I just turned and walked out of the room. I didn't say anything, I hope the wife let him have it!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
I have friends that's happened to. She did the same thing, walked out of the room very insulted that the person had no respect for her. My friend took it that she was 'just the hired help, like in a restroom you wouldn't care who was cleaning.'
This gives me time to think about how I would respond.

this is a joke, right?
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
I have friends that's happened to. She did the same thing, walked out of the room very insulted that the person had no respect for her. My friend took it that she was 'just the hired help, like in a restroom you wouldn't care who was cleaning.'
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
Look at the floor, the wall, the ceiling, give your head a little sideways shake and turn on your heel. Mutter to yourself -- loud enough for everyone to hear -- "Wow. Now I've seen everything." Walk out and close the door just a little harder than you normally would.

this is a joke, right?
seashanty said:

this is a joke, right?
hey, that guy stayed here!
he pushed the door half closed so i knew to leave immediately. wife followed me out continuing to talk. odd behavior i thought. so he had to 'go' really badly. why not excuse yourself? blech.

Cycling couple arrive. 10 mins later she comes down stairs to ask for "Satellite TV 101". Go upstairs, follow her into the room .... he's lying there starkers on the bed. Good reflexes though - had a pillow over himself in the blink of an eye.
Her: "Oh for Gooness Sake Steve - I know Sarah said to make yourself at home but I'm sure this isn't quite what she meant".
At that point I was well into the room and leaving would have meant ... ummm .... facing the music, so I gave my satellite lesson with my back to the bed, which gave him time to slip under the covers so I could leave with both our dignities in tact.

Back in the days when the only bath is at the top of the stairs, a gentleman checked in who had scheduled a 2-hour massage. As I was showing him the house & bathroom, I noticed the bath beads box was empty and he had indicated he would like some. I run out to the store and return. His door is closed and the bathroom door is half open and the room is dark so I stick my arm in the door to put the box on the washstand and hear a voice from behind the door, "Thank you." Ooops, excuse me.. and flee back down the stairs. Fortunately the tub was to my back! Kept a vigilant ear open for the safety of our masseuse during the massage.

Back