Unbelieveable...incredible...mind-boggling

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only do we get 95% of our reservations online, they need to check the box that they have read our policy regarding no show and cancellation which gives us ammunition against a charge back. For that reason alone one should have online booking
RIki.
egoodell said:
Not only do we get 95% of our reservations online, they need to check the box that they have read our policy regarding no show and cancellation which gives us ammunition against a charge back. For that reason alone one should have online booking
RIki
Now this advice makes sense to me. I am one of those fuddy duddies that doesn't like the impersonal online booking thing. I have it through our CVB although very few would be guests use it. Most call or email. Anyway, your comment might push me over the edge
Iris, I assume that your CVB is Benzie County CVB? The reason you get few online bookings from them is because their site does not come up AT ALL in the first five pages of the following google searches:
  • Frankfort MI Cottages
  • Frankfort MI B&B
  • Frankfort MI lodging
  • Frankfort MI motels
  • Frankfort MI Inns
  • frankfort michigan vacation rentals
However, your site does, on nearly every single one. How many people click on your website, but move on because they cannot check availability or reserve online? I think you are missing the boat by NOT having online booking, or at the very least, an online availability calendar.
If you can accept online reservations through your CVB, they WHY ON EARTH don't you at least make a new page on your site called "online reservations" and then link or forward that page to this one:
http://www.visitbenzie.com/inside.php?catid=83&set_property=148
My "Reservations" and "Check Availability" pages both take people right to our webervations inquiry page.
Good call Little Blue
thumbs_up.gif
thumbs_up.gif

RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
Now this advice makes sense to me. I am one of those fuddy duddies that doesn't like the impersonal online booking thing. I have it through our CVB although very few would be guests use it. Most call or email. Anyway, your comment might push me over the edge
Iris, I assume that your CVB is Benzie County CVB? The reason you get few online bookings from them is because their site does not come up AT ALL in the first five pages of the following google searches:
  • Frankfort MI Cottages
  • Frankfort MI B&B
  • Frankfort MI lodging
  • Frankfort MI motels
  • Frankfort MI Inns
However, your site does, on nearly every single one. How many people click on your website, but move on because they cannot check availability or reserve online? I think you are missing the boat by NOT having online booking, or at the very least, an online availability calendar.
If you can accept online reservations through your CVB, they WHY ON EARTH don't you at least make a new page on your site called "online reservations" and then link or forward that page to this one:
My "Reservations" and "Check Availability" pages both take people right to our webervations inquiry page.
Holy smokes, you are good. I never thought of this. I am not worried about the summer months but you are right, I must have really missed out on the off season. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am going to look into this immediately.

RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
  • Frankfort MI Cottages
  • Frankfort MI B&B
  • Frankfort MI lodging
  • Frankfort MI motels
  • Frankfort MI Inns
Holy smokes, you are good. I never thought of this. I am not worried about the summer months but you are right, I must have really missed out on the off season. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am going to look into this immediately.
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
ummm, there is one thing I should mention though, there are only 2 businesses in the county that have online reservations all the rest either do this CVB thing - most of the have opted out of that.
Why am I pointing this out? because I think I may not have missed out on business as much as you think I have.
None the less, I am looking into a reservation system, because it is time to "get with it" and come into the 21st century
cheers.gif
to give me an advantage over the sorry rest of them, heheh

RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
  • Frankfort MI Cottages
  • Frankfort MI B&B
  • Frankfort MI lodging
  • Frankfort MI motels
  • Frankfort MI Inns
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
ummm, there is one thing I should mention though, there are only 2 businesses in the county that have online reservations all the rest either do this CVB thing - most of the have opted out of that.
Why am I pointing this out? because I think I may not have missed out on business as much as you think I have.
None the less, I am looking into a reservation system, because it is time to "get with it" and come into the 21st century
cheers.gif
Yes, but if no one finds your CVB website, no one is going to see their online reservations program. Your website is far more popular, and ranks higher for your most important keywords, but your website does not have online booking capability. Right now, they have to find the CVB website before they can use the program. NONE of the searches I did brought up their website, only yours. For those many lookers who ONLY make reservations online (like me), yours is one site that would be passed over because you don't offer that option.

RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
  • Frankfort MI Cottages
  • Frankfort MI B&B
  • Frankfort MI lodging
  • Frankfort MI motels
  • Frankfort MI Inns
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
cheers.gif
Yes, but if no one finds your CVB website, no one is going to see their online reservations program. Your website is far more popular, and ranks higher for your most important keywords, but your website does not have online booking capability. Right now, they have to find the CVB website before they can use the program. NONE of the searches I did brought up their website, only yours. For those many lookers who ONLY make reservations online (like me), yours is one site that would be passed over because you don't offer that option.
Little Blue said:
I did understand that completely, what I am saying though is that no one in "my group" meaning CVB members and other lodging can be found either; and no one, just like me, has their own online reservation system - which then brings all of us on a level playing field again, which means that where ever anyone wants to make reservations, they have to call the lodging no matter what.
Are we going round and round? I hope I don't seem thick. I totally get your point and I am actively searching for the best reservation system for me as we speak. Looking back at all the threads here in this forum about that very subject to see what I can learn.
I appreciate your clueing me in and I apologize for threadjacking this thread.

Iris - catchy term "Threadjacking!' I hope Yellowsocks adds it to the directory she has going.
teeth_smile.gif

Found another one. This one doesn't even have it's own website. It's using the feature from bb on line. com as it's website. And it's for sale!

Back