Unhappy Camper

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a guest book or guest register...that is the difference
We have a guest book and 1 out of every 15 sign it just for fun. A guest checking out today saw the guests from yesterday 3 nighters are from her area. It is there for nice comments, not as a record of their stay. That is kept in here with me on my software..
I'm talking about my guest books in the rooms having all kinds of 'personal' info. But what started the idea was Gillum's guest register that I'm guessing HAS to be signed.
And I have had guests come out of the room with the book in hand and say, 'I know these people!' And then call them on the phone and tell them they are staying in 'their' room.
I have those too - I call them my comment books. They give me a swelled head.
that is very cool. How big is your head?
After reading those books, it is difficult to get my head through the door. I did not know I was so wonderful! It is a real pick-me-up on a downer day.
gillumhouse said:
After reading those books, it is difficult to get my head through the door. I did not know I was so wonderful! It is a real pick-me-up on a downer day.
Isn't it nice? We just got a really nice email from a guest who stayed one night only on her way to her 'vacation location'. She said the things we told them to do 'along the way' were the highlight of their vacation.
And another one just came thru that thanked us for lodging suggestions 8 HOURS from here. It broke up their drive back home very nicely.
These are the things that keep us being innkeepers. These things that we do to make a guest's trip better than they thought it was going to be are also the things that make people think fondly of our States and the people who live in our States. WE are the ambassadors who show (or not) our States off best. If only all innkeepers were as good as we are.... FACT not brag!
Ok, I didn't want this to be a one-up thing by telling about our experience with literally hundreds of thank you notes from guests. So forgive me if it appears that way.
You are right about these things keeping us going and being able to forgive some PITAs their rudeness. However, I do not have those shnazzy guestbooks in the cottages, that would be presumptuous of me because we, most certainly, are not a bed and breakfast. There are some notes that were written on coffee filters and newspaper, toiletpaper and candy wrapper. I have notes in all sizes and shapes, really fun.
At one time I had so many thank you notes that I thought the only way to deal with them is to decoupage them onto my office walls and desk. People that check in have fun reading some of them and it makes for a quirky office decor. I am afraid I am getting tired of the look though and will have to do something about it this winter.
oh and why I posted this to begin with, you are right we are ambassadors for states as well as fellow business owners ;)
One of my twins had a kindergarten teacher who had a picnic for her class at her home at the end of the year. The wall in the living room was signed in Sharpie by each visitor. Many of her kids came back over the years to find their signature. Adults who came with the kids were expected to sign also. It was really neat.
My comment books are ones I picked up from the sale tables at bookstores. A friend of mine just uses a spiral notebook as her comment book.

We have a guest book and 1 out of every 15 sign it just for fun. A guest checking out today saw the guests from yesterday 3 nighters are from her area. It is there for nice comments, not as a record of their stay. That is kept in here with me on my software..
I'm talking about my guest books in the rooms having all kinds of 'personal' info. But what started the idea was Gillum's guest register that I'm guessing HAS to be signed.
And I have had guests come out of the room with the book in hand and say, 'I know these people!' And then call them on the phone and tell them they are staying in 'their' room.
gillumhouse said:
Isn't it nice? We just got a really nice email from a guest who stayed one night only on her way to her 'vacation location'. She said the things we told them to do 'along the way' were the highlight of their vacation.
And another one just came thru that thanked us for lodging suggestions 8 HOURS from here. It broke up their drive back home very nicely.
These are the things that keep us being innkeepers. These things that we do to make a guest's trip better than they thought it was going to be are also the things that make people think fondly of our States and the people who live in our States. WE are the ambassadors who show (or not) our States off best. If only all innkeepers were as good as we are.... FACT not brag!
Ok, I didn't want this to be a one-up thing by telling about our experience with literally hundreds of thank you notes from guests. So forgive me if it appears that way.
You are right about these things keeping us going and being able to forgive some PITAs their rudeness. However, I do not have those shnazzy guestbooks in the cottages, that would be presumptuous of me because we, most certainly, are not a bed and breakfast. There are some notes that were written on coffee filters and newspaper, toiletpaper and candy wrapper. I have notes in all sizes and shapes, really fun.
At one time I had so many thank you notes that I thought the only way to deal with them is to decoupage them onto my office walls and desk. People that check in have fun reading some of them and it makes for a quirky office decor. I am afraid I am getting tired of the look though and will have to do something about it this winter.
oh and why I posted this to begin with, you are right we are ambassadors for states as well as fellow business owners ;)
One of my twins had a kindergarten teacher who had a picnic for her class at her home at the end of the year. The wall in the living room was signed in Sharpie by each visitor. Many of her kids came back over the years to find their signature. Adults who came with the kids were expected to sign also. It was really neat.
My comment books are ones I picked up from the sale tables at bookstores. A friend of mine just uses a spiral notebook as her comment book.
Ha! I have twins as well. 15 year old boys. Ok, they will be 16 on Nov. 4th.
I am definitely running with Joey's idea. Too cool

gillumhouse said:
Mine are fraternal girls and they are now 39.

gillumhouse said:
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
Wow! Mine (boys) turn 6 on November 5th!
=)
Kk.

Back