Unified Blog Article (Hungry for a Road Trip?)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I know that title will make it impossible to find later...Okay I will edit and add the blog title "HUNGRY FOR A ROAD TRIP?"
Calling all innmates!
Here I am ready to write another joint/unified blog article. This time it will be about a regional food item. If you can construct one short paragraph describing the food and why it is special to your town/region I would appreciate it. Even if it is a STYLE of food, ie Coney Island Hot Dog vs Chicago hot dog. Peel and eat shrimp vs low country shrimp and grits. If it is UNUSUAL all the better. Please, hold back on saying a simple "Lobster" if there is a unique way of cooking it, then by all means!
I might make it into a schmap when done and encourage ya'll to post the article on your blogs, FB and tweet it as well.
Please send me you email with the following:
  1. URL
  2. B&B Name
  3. City, State
  4. ONE regional food item with description (up to one short paragraph).
You choose the food item and send it on over to me. If you have any questions, post them on the forum ie should I choose this or choose that, what is more unique? They are a helpful bunch here!

I am up to FOUR entries now...send em on over. Surely there is something unusual, unique or famous in your area you would like to share?
I thought and thought til my thunker was sore and came up with a good un. :)
SEND ME YOUR ENTRY ASAP so we can get this put together while the weather is great and people are itching for a ROAD TRIP.

I am stuck on the food thing. Our really regional stuff is over for the season - ramps, morels, fiddleheads. Apples won't be til late summer and early fall. What to do?

Mine is VERY seasonal, and in fact twice a year ONLY, two weekends per year, in fact. I won't disclose it yet, I won't disclose anyone's unless there is a duplicate too close to call.

there's an item that's available about an hour's drive from here... would that work?

I am up to FOUR entries now...send em on over. Surely there is something unusual, unique or famous in your area you would like to share?
I thought and thought til my thunker was sore and came up with a good un. :)
SEND ME YOUR ENTRY ASAP so we can get this put together while the weather is great and people are itching for a ROAD TRIP..
Sorry to be late. Been too tired to read much this week. Love the revenue, but happy to be sleeping until I wake up tomorrow!
I just sent mine in - with a photo. I actually stopped and bought some of my special local food to share with the in-coming that evening - only to discover none of them ate meat!! Now I know whay I bought them - to have at the ready to photograph for you JB.

Any more takers? email my user id from the forum with your innformation.
chef.gif

Ha, ha, cute how we all picked our own photo when we posted on FB!

I posted it on my blog - but it is a post of sadness and happiness all mixed together today.
My 8th grade teacher was in the obits this morning in the "hometown" newspaper that I read online. He was a special person to a special class - we were his first and we were the last to graduate from that school. The next year he moved on to teach across the river in Ohio. At a reunion 20 years later, he told us he never forgot the generosity and caring of our school - where many were quite poor. He said that at Christmas that year, each child had a gift for the teacher, no matter how poor, they brought a giftto say they cared. He said, not that he was looking for gifts, but the next school, although much more affluent, hardly anyone remembered the teacher.
But then, in spite of my sadness at his passing, today was the last Summer performance of the Shinnston Community and I had to get ready for that. And then I come home to the wonderful link to JB's blog! So the link to her blog is mixed in to my day of sadness and happiness. Two tributes. One to a good teacher and one to a blogger extraordinaire.

I posted it on my blog - but it is a post of sadness and happiness all mixed together today.
My 8th grade teacher was in the obits this morning in the "hometown" newspaper that I read online. He was a special person to a special class - we were his first and we were the last to graduate from that school. The next year he moved on to teach across the river in Ohio. At a reunion 20 years later, he told us he never forgot the generosity and caring of our school - where many were quite poor. He said that at Christmas that year, each child had a gift for the teacher, no matter how poor, they brought a giftto say they cared. He said, not that he was looking for gifts, but the next school, although much more affluent, hardly anyone remembered the teacher.
But then, in spite of my sadness at his passing, today was the last Summer performance of the Shinnston Community and I had to get ready for that. And then I come home to the wonderful link to JB's blog! So the link to her blog is mixed in to my day of sadness and happiness. Two tributes. One to a good teacher and one to a blogger extraordinaire..
gillumhouse said:
a blogger extraordinaire.
That, she is!

I KNOW WHERE THAT IS FROM...without even reading your blog
wink_smile.gif
All the Nascar guys love em!!!! But I did read your blog and it is fabulous. You know what your post innkeeping job will be :)...if you can figure a way to make some money doing it.

Wow, just checked out that blog article on JB's page and it is SO COOL! All of your pictures came out beautifully. Sorry I missed this one, will have to get it together with a recipe for the next go-round. Dang, I'M HUNGRY NOW!!!!

Wow, made me hungry! Hungry for travel to see inn-mates! Haven't had a NASCAR dog...that looks interesting though... or a Whoopie Pie.
Brunswick Stew here is made with PORK, not chicken. Of course!
I rejoiced on the day that we found out that we finally had a Cajun restaurant here in town. Spent many Summers in Austin picking crawfish for a friend of ours who missed Louisiana and hosted a big crawfish boil every year. My talents as a skilled Maryland Steamed Blue Crab picker came in handy....
teeth_smile.gif

Squirrel and Rabbit is the typical Brunswick stew around here. I am sure that innmate left that out on porpoise. :)

Back