Unknown Trivia About Your Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Inn we are in was owned by a Civil War Hero and he owned a merchentile store, then it was a Persbetarian Church for a while, the preacher thought it was the end of the world and stopped making payments for the church (WWII), it was then a Cadet Club, there was a Japanese Internment(sp) here and the army guys came to the house for "conversation" and "companionship" and dancing, they actually took down th ewall between one parlor and the dinning room for dancing...now what was happening upstairs in the bedrooms thats left up to interpretation.
Apparently there was a supernatural team here last year and found three ghosts-a woman that hums and has a sweet smell, a teenage young boywho pulls pranks and then there is a Union Soldier stuck in the basement. Stories about on or two of the ghosts around town, we have not encountered any of them yet..
birdwatcher said:
Apparently there was a supernatural team here last year and found three ghosts...
Yes, the local paranormal society has asked to spend a night at my place, too (before we start the restoration/renovation).
I guess I'll let them, but as others have advised, I won't advertise their findings, though if a guest asks about ghosts in the place, I'll tell them what was "found".
From what I have heard, the paranormal society has never failed to find several ghosts haunting every site they test. Surprise, surprise. (I think it's all a joke.)

The Inn we are in was owned by a Civil War Hero and he owned a merchentile store, then it was a Persbetarian Church for a while, the preacher thought it was the end of the world and stopped making payments for the church (WWII), it was then a Cadet Club, there was a Japanese Internment(sp) here and the army guys came to the house for "conversation" and "companionship" and dancing, they actually took down th ewall between one parlor and the dinning room for dancing...now what was happening upstairs in the bedrooms thats left up to interpretation.
Apparently there was a supernatural team here last year and found three ghosts-a woman that hums and has a sweet smell, a teenage young boywho pulls pranks and then there is a Union Soldier stuck in the basement. Stories about on or two of the ghosts around town, we have not encountered any of them yet..
birdwatcher said:
Apparently there was a supernatural team here last year and found three ghosts...
Yes, the local paranormal society has asked to spend a night at my place, too (before we start the restoration/renovation).
I guess I'll let them, but as others have advised, I won't advertise their findings, though if a guest asks about ghosts in the place, I'll tell them what was "found".
From what I have heard, the paranormal society has never failed to find several ghosts haunting every site they test. Surprise, surprise. (I think it's all a joke.)
Arkansawyer said:
birdwatcher said:
Yes, we've had several requests too. And the first "paranormal society" that wants to rent the whole house....I'm all for it, and I'm there!! I'd have a lot of fun looking through their infra red cameras and listenting to what they find on their recording equipment. But believe it or not, they seem to feel that I should give them the house "gratis" for the night. ....Yeah, I don't think so!

birdwatcher said:
Arkansawyer said:
birdwatcher said:
Yes, we've had several requests too. And the first "paranormal society" that wants to rent the whole house....I'm all for it, and I'm there!! I'd have a lot of fun looking through their infra red cameras and listenting to what they find on their recording equipment. But believe it or not, they seem to feel that I should give them the house "gratis" for the night. ....Yeah, I don't think so!
InnBloom said:
Uh, if it meant a TV episode with the name of my B&B, I would not hesitate to give them the house free for a night. You can't buy that kind of exposure, especially for one night's revenue,

birdwatcher said:
Arkansawyer said:
birdwatcher said:
InnBloom said:
Uh, if it meant a TV episode with the name of my B&B, I would not hesitate to give them the house free for a night. You can't buy that kind of exposure, especially for one night's revenue,
Little Blue said:
Your local paranormal society has a TV show? Then yes, go for it! All ours has is a Facebook page that's only active with the handful of folks in the local club. There are about 8 of them and that's about the extent of their following, too.
They don't have any luck getting mention in the local newspaper either.

We were told abt 4 yrs ago by a former owner that a child was buried under the garage. Wellllll, we were told alot of things, so frankly had a 'check in the spirit'.
Earlier this year we had a granddaughter of the original owner come visit, for a night to stay in her 'first bedroom'. She was a doll! What a huge wealth of information, as well as a grand guest! She did verify that there was a still born baby born circa 1920 buried in the area of the garage. She told the story from her grandmother. Would have been her older brother.
We all said a blessing that day at the garage.

It is named Christian Louboutin for the reason that man who create Christian Louboutin shoes. At the same time, it's helpful to reduce the risk of injury for the player. If you think your feet should be protected well during the strenuous exercise, the Christian Louboutin Pumps are the right choice for you. There are many Cheap Christian Louboutin Heels from our shop. If you want to learn more informations of those Christian Louboutin Boots, please visite our website http://www.louboutinshopsale.com/. Are you looking for a comfortable shoes? We are ready for you to give you great discount Christian Louboutin Sandals and best service.

We don't have any interesting stories, so we're thinking about opening a haunted brothel. What? It could work.
tounge_smile.gif

Back