Up charges?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I’ve created a bunch of packages over the years that include admission tix and things like that. We also had a cheese platter that we lost money on because we rarely have cheese on hand and always had to buy it special. So we really couldn’t double the price or no one would have bought it.

A guest has asked me to ‘throw together’ a package for his sister’s 50th birthday. He told me a few things she likes and everything is readily available in town.

However, it will take me about an hour to gather all the parts and dress up a gift basket. When doing a package I generally add $5 to the cost of every ticket or reservation I have to make. (So I generally clear about $25 for my time.)

What should I charge for my labor on this gift basket sort of thing. He told me I had $200 to spend.

Budget $30 of that $200 as shopping/handling fee and spend the rest on the stuff for Sis. THAT is fair. (Cover time/gasoline/creative with the basket arrangement.)

Call the store and tell them what you want. Give them a $150 budget including delivery.
You get to keep the $50. Very easy to do. Don’t over think this. Keep it simple.

Call the store and tell them what you want. Give them a $150 budget including delivery.
You get to keep the $50. Very easy to do. Don’t over think this. Keep it simple.
It’s not one store, it’s more like 5-6. I’ll get myself an ice cream while I’m out so it won’t totally be work. 😉

I spent it all on the sister. Except for the ice cream I got for myself. It’s too bad I have to pay retail for everything.

I’ve created a bunch of packages over the years that include admission tix and things like that. We also had a cheese platter that we lost money on because we rarely have cheese on hand and always had to buy it special. So we really couldn’t double the price or no one would have bought it.

A guest has asked me to ‘throw together’ a package for his sister’s 50th birthday. He told me a few things she likes and everything is readily available in town.

However, it will take me about an hour to gather all the parts and dress up a gift basket. When doing a package I generally add $5 to the cost of every ticket or reservation I have to make. (So I generally clear about $25 for my time.)

What should I charge for my labor on this gift basket sort of thing. He told me I had $200 to spend.
Rave reviews!

Back