Update after 2 months....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McQuade72

Reaction score
Wow..... Took over the Inn at 93% occupancy for 6 straight weeks just my wife and I. Only 8 rooms but had us running 7 days a week and always ON as you all know. Season is just starting to slow so we can actually take a breath. Only 3 guests here now and we are going for a hike today! Stumbles include linen washing, continental breakfast shortage, coffee shortage and lots of learning! Thoroughly enjoy the front house aspeCT while my wife enjoys back house aspect.

For coffee, you can always prepare a French Press in case of emergency. Buy a nice 1 litre French Press. You will need a scale (which you should have in any kitchen anyway) and weigh out 55 grams of coffee. (Just under 2 oz.) And keep that in a small snack bag, ready to use. If you need more coffee, you pout out the bag into the French Press, add water to the line, stir. Wait 3 to 5 minutes, push down and you have fresh coffee.

Trial by fire! And you survived! Excellent. Go for a walk. You need it.
We've run out of orange juice. I ran next door to another b&b and borrowed some. We all had a chuckle. Some guests used 16 oz glasses instead of the 6 oz glasses we provide for juice. 2 people drank a half gallon by themselves. It happens.

Congratulations!!!!!! You are now an innkeeper!!!!
regular_smile.gif
Life is good!
If you schedule time for yourself and time away from the house, you will go the distance. If not, you will burn out soon. No guest likes burn out innkeepers. So enjoy the hike, stop for coffee, window shop one store at least, and take the long way around on the way home.

Congratulations! If these are the extent of your stumbles, you're doing great!. Thanks for sharing. :)

It’s great to hear of your experience! We are only about 1 month away from taking over our Inn, we hope to see some great occupancy for our money’s sake but not looking forward to how much work that might be. We hope to come out the other side like you, much more learned and happy to have run the gauntlet! Congrats!

Back