Update from a dead tired Innmate

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
This is the last night for my "boys" and tomorrow MountainFest ends. It has been eggs EVERY morning - broke down an bought sausage last night and bought more tonight. Other than the fact my knees are screaming at me - today there was no parking for cars near the event building so I had to drop DH off at the gate and go park in the field along the that was a big-time hike for old knees coming in and even worse returning to get the car to pick him up. One of the parking guys - the one we keep running into (and I REALLY want to RUN into him) - is Adolph, my name for him. Heavy German accent but the this is the RULE and no leeway just because he is using 2 crutches. I was a pissy PITA this morning!!
At the exhibitors' dinner last night they announced 9 motorcycle magazine writers were on a FAM tour - they had breakfast with the Gov, went riding on the Hatfield-McCoy Trail, I do not remember where they stayed that night, but yesterday they went rafting and Snowshoe for the night. Today the went to the Cass Scenic Railroad before coming to Morgantown. Tonight, when MountainFest closed at 9, the writers were being given a personal tour of the Vintage Motorcycle Show by the organizer of the event. The Commission of Tourism is traveling with them and came over to our booth to say hello - and I think she is going to at least point out John's paintings. One never knows what will happen. This afternoon a writer for Rumblenews.com stopped by, took photos, talked to me while she waited for John to finish talking to the General's wife (and then she talked to him for an hour while the General's wife and I were talking - we were so into the conversation I forgot the writer was there!). No solid commissions as of now, but several VERY possibles in the near future. I was also able to promote the B & B. Had to get on and tell the news, even though I am dead on my b8utt and have several hours of stuff to do before Chapel. Breakfast is at 8! MountainFest ends at 5!

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
I will share a bit of wisdom I learned in Costa Rica for my achy knees and joints. Eat fresh pineapple everyday (must be fresh not canned) and your joints will feel remarkably better in a weeks time. You will be amazed.
I have been getting tossed off horses for 30 years and it helped me, I'm sure it will help you too.

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
I will share a bit of wisdom I learned in Costa Rica for my achy knees and joints. Eat fresh pineapple everyday (must be fresh not canned) and your joints will feel remarkably better in a weeks time. You will be amazed.
I have been getting tossed off horses for 30 years and it helped me, I'm sure it will help you too.
I will have to try that.

You also need to reevaluate your physical limitations. We're not 18 anymore.
cry_smile.gif
I read the list of things you try to do and it amazes me that you're still standing. You better pace yourself or you WILL get burned out or worse.
It's hard for me to not do everything at once. I'm a type A and try to multitask. The trouble is that things never get completed. I've FINALLY taught myself to do one thing at a time. That way it all gets done and I'm not a frazzled mess.

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
Fresh pineapple everyday...and my mouth would be full of sores:-( Did that in Hawaii and I really regretted it.

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
Fresh pineapple everyday...and my mouth would be full of sores:-( Did that in Hawaii and I really regretted it.
Well, you DO have to cut the hide off!
wink_smile.gif

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

Ha ha....not what meant...the acid from eating the fresh pineapple every day made sores in my mouth.

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

Ha ha....not what meant...the acid from eating the fresh pineapple every day made sores in my mouth.
catlady said:
Maui pineapples are acid free. I would have the same, CA kiwis and pineapple do that to me.

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
Maui pineapples are acid free. I would have the same, CA kiwis and pineapple do that to me.
Ok...so I will fly right over to Maui and get some..
poke.gif

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
poke.gif

catlady said:
poke.gif
STOP! You can get them right in your grocery store. Look for that label on them.

YAY!!
Go to BED!! (Me, too...)
=)
Kk..
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
poke.gif

catlady said:
poke.gif
STOP! You can get them right in your grocery store. Look for that label on them.
Does Wal Mart have them??? I guess I never paid any attention...actually...when I do buy it...I buy it already 'skinned'

You also need to reevaluate your physical limitations. We're not 18 anymore.
cry_smile.gif
I read the list of things you try to do and it amazes me that you're still standing. You better pace yourself or you WILL get burned out or worse.
It's hard for me to not do everything at once. I'm a type A and try to multitask. The trouble is that things never get completed. I've FINALLY taught myself to do one thing at a time. That way it all gets done and I'm not a frazzled mess..
You also need to reevaluate your physical limitations.
The only physical limitations DH regcognizes are his and he rails at them. I am supposed to just do. The other things are things I want to do until I drop. If I keep getting told "you know I need a dish of chocolate pudding tonight" as I heard last night, I will not have to worry about anything other than the rules set by the warden. He mitgates the situation like he did this morning - there was a lovely card with a note thanking me for making this weekend possible for him. Last night I was looking for cement.
I am looking for worse actually - before the Alzheimers hits. So far only the knees and hips are dying but they are not going quietly into the good night.

Back