Update on Himself

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
He had an angiogram today (I think that is what it is called - dye shot into his artery to see where & how it goes) and it showed a messed up artery near the top of his polio leg. A lot of his problems are that the leg is not getting a good blood flow. I found out tonight when i went in (had not planned to go because it was dark & raining) because he wanted me to come in and he was telling the nurse. It did not occur to tell me when we were on the phone and he was wanting me to drive in at 7 PM.
Anyway, just wanted to let youze guys as they say in Chicago, the latest news. Getting that fixed should help a lot. I took him some unsalted pretzels.
Update: Got my terms mixed up, it was an arteriogram as I should have know since even I know angio is heart and for a change that is not in the picture.
Update on the Update: I was e-mailing about having to get on the stick for the ribbon cutting at the Welcome Center today when the phone rang and changed EVERYTHING. DH's doctor told him yesterday he was ready to go home after the surgery but he knew DH was not ready so take your time. Today the phone call was DH telling me the HOSPITAL said he is going home today. ANOTHER phone call - I thought they were going to send for the meat wagon to bring him home and now it will require a prescription to do that. I have to get ready on this end AND go down to the hospital with stuff (and maybe to haul him home). PRAY FOR ME!! I do not need today!!! Not this way anyway.

It must feel good to know what it is, even if you had to eavesdrop to find out!
Will the fix require surgery?

Sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out.

Will the fix require surgery?.
Yes. It will be done some time Tuesday. I think this will be his 8th surgery, the 4th since we have been together.

More prayers coming your way.
teeth_smile.gif

Will the fix require surgery?.
Yes. It will be done some time Tuesday. I think this will be his 8th surgery, the 4th since we have been together.
We will be praying for both of you. It is a good thing you had him go in when you did.

K, you're such a good egg. I just love the way you spit it out, tell it like it is, and then slide right in there with, "I took him some unsalted pretzels." Plenty of prayers comin your way!

Missed the update until now. Hope all is going better. Prayers are being said!

Missed the update until now. Hope all is going better. Prayers are being said!.
Meat wagon brought him. We survived the first day home. Barely. If is a case of whatever I do is ot what he wanted and whatever he wnts, he also wants something else before I get the first or even second thing done. They should have had him walking before they bounced him - just my opinion. He is in some pain - but let ME get something to eat, please! Today is better thank goodness.

Meat wagon brought him. We survived the first day home. Barely. If is a case of whatever I do is ot what he wanted and whatever he wnts, he also wants something else before I get the first or even second thing done. They should have had him walking before they bounced him - just my opinion. He is in some pain - but let ME get something to eat, please! Today is better thank goodness.
I always find that grumpiness means they're starting to feel better so maybe it's a good sign.
Glad they at least sent him home in an ambulance. You must be wiped out yourself with everything you have going on.
Hope you can find a way to sneak in at least a few minutes of rest for yourself. Just go into an empty guest room and lie down so he can't find you!
You're both still in my prayers.

I always find that grumpiness means they're starting to feel better so maybe it's a good sign.
Glad they at least sent him home in an ambulance. You must be wiped out yourself with everything you have going on.
Hope you can find a way to sneak in at least a few minutes of rest for yourself. Just go into an empty guest room and lie down so he can't find you!
Thanks. I slept upstairs last night. He was sent home because his incisions are pretty healed. His problem today, a lot of it in my opinion, is from putting red pepper flakes in his soup last night. His stomach is still protesting - and he is refusing to eat so empty stomach is not helping. But I am just a wife - I get the I should have listened long after I had to put up with the BS that occurred becaue he did not listen. For him to listen to me, I would have had to be an RN or an MD.

Thanks. I slept upstairs last night. He was sent home because his incisions are pretty healed. His problem today, a lot of it in my opinion, is from putting red pepper flakes in his soup last night. His stomach is still protesting - and he is refusing to eat so empty stomach is not helping. But I am just a wife - I get the I should have listened long after I had to put up with the BS that occurred becaue he did not listen. For him to listen to me, I would have had to be an RN or an MD.
Yep, know that MO very well.

Back