update on my friend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers for my friend who had the stroke. she has now been transferred to a rehab and has a very long road ahead of her. she had the injection that helps stop stroke damage but then had a major setback (i don't know why). but onward she goes! she has no movement in one arm, is able to drag the leg on that side to step, still has the face droop but is improved. she is resigned to what has happened and is one determined woman!
her daughter's chemo is done for now; i don't know when they will do surgery.
her granddaughter is more calm now that mom has stopped the 3x week chemo which was making her so weak and sick but is very nervous, of course.
thank you again. just wanted to let you all know i do appreciate it. helping them face whatever is coming their way.

Thanks for the update SS I have been wondering how things were going. Prayers and well wishes continue.
heart.gif

Thank you so much for the update. It sounds as if they have the most important things .... strength and a wonderful friend. It IS a long way ahead but step by step, smile by smile they are dealing with it, even if some of the steps and smiles are FOR NOW a little lop-sided.

Thanks for the update. I will tell the SOSK. they will keep praying.

Thanks for the update. I will tell the SOSK. they will keep praying..
thank you! i've lost track of the other family member with the 'broken bits' so i don't know how she's coming along. please include her in your prayers. my friend is showing some signs of confusion, memory loss ... i hope this heals as well.
i remember my mom had a stroke in the late 90's, had the injection to stop the damage ... after therapy, after she got her strength back ... she had NEW memories of things that did not happen, at least not with me. i remember one day she said, 'it's time to go strawberry picking again,' again? we had NEVER gone strawberry picking. not even when i was a child. i asked if she remembered the name of the place but she did not. but was sure i could find it since 'we went every year'.
i found a place, we went, and had ourselves a new tradition. she only lived a few years after that but it was full of new things we did together that she was sure we'd done my whole life.

Back