Updates Renovations, and New Situations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisandShelley

Reaction score
Hello, All. Like Highlands John, I've been off the boards for a while. It's been a surprisingly busy February finishing our winter renovations and having two full weekends! March promises a better month as well.
We're finished putting mini-fridges and large flat-screen tv's with built-in DVD players in all the suites. Put a couple of window units in rooms, new toilets, pedestal sinks, and various other projects. Just a sliding barn door to put in and that will be our renovations.
We are also going to try out text marketing this season. If our guests want, they can get on our text alert system for upcoming events and special offers. We got a deal on it from our new CC processor, so we'll give it a try.
Perhaps the biggest change is that I got laid off from my job. So now I will be an innkeeper full time! Not unexpected as the oil field is in such bad shape, but I wish I could have held out for a little longer.
But the season is looking up around here. We're looking at turning an old building on our property into a banquet hall for receptions, retreats, meetings, etc. Hopefully that will be some extra income.
It's good to be back. I'll get in to the mix here soon and see what's happening. I hope everyone had a good winter.
C

You've had a busy couple of months!!!
Sorry to hear about the job, but nice that your inn is up and running. Best of luck!

The job going is a bummer (steady income) but the good part is now Shelley will have help with the expanded work. In essence, you had a job waiting for you. May you be a busy as you want to be with all the stars in alignment and rooms filled and banquets booked.

Wow! Sounds like you got everything fixed up in time to take advantage of a good season.

sorry about the job but I am sure with the upcoming season you will more than compensate! just remember its about working smart as well as hard!

Sorry about the job! I hope the remodeling was done and paid for before the job disappeared. Look on the bright side, now you can really threw yourself into inn keeping and that wonderful banquet hall you will design. Good news is you aren't homeless or jobless! Keep up the good work!

Good times ahead! Changes rock us but can make us the best we can be.

Sorry about the job! I hope the remodeling was done and paid for before the job disappeared. Look on the bright side, now you can really threw yourself into inn keeping and that wonderful banquet hall you will design. Good news is you aren't homeless or jobless! Keep up the good work!.
Very true. I think this will be a great year for the inn. :)

Thanks for the well wishes. I really believe that this year is going to be a great year.
If any of you are looking for a get away, let me know. I'd love to have some fellow innkeepers some stay.

Sorry about the job! I hope the remodeling was done and paid for before the job disappeared. Look on the bright side, now you can really threw yourself into inn keeping and that wonderful banquet hall you will design. Good news is you aren't homeless or jobless! Keep up the good work!.
Lucky you! You have a lovely inn and are poised to being an independent business person! The renovations sound wonderful. Sending you lots of luck on this new phase of your in keeping adventure!

Sometimes being forced into becoming a full time innkeeper is the leap of faith you need. I'm sure you'll put your 100% into it and be a big success.

Sometimes being forced into becoming a full time innkeeper is the leap of faith you need. I'm sure you'll put your 100% into it and be a big success..
Breakfast Diva said:
Sometimes being forced into becoming a full time innkeeper is the leap of faith you need. I'm sure you'll put your 100% into it and be a big success.
absolutely. When we have inquries here on this forum about this or that, and we all kind of have a collective answer of "when it happens you do what you do..." You can never plan it in advance.
each situation is different and how we handle our businesses. What i do you may not, some times we can shake our heads, on writing and in person are two different things.
i hope you can meet an innmate or two soon ChrisandShellie, you are always welcome here if you are out our way. Face time is very valuable..
heart.gif

Sometimes being forced into becoming a full time innkeeper is the leap of faith you need. I'm sure you'll put your 100% into it and be a big success..
Breakfast Diva said:
absolutely. When we have inquries here on this forum about this or that, and we all kind of have a collective answer of "when it happens you do what you do..." You can never plan it in advance.
each situation is different and how we handle our businesses. What i do you may not, some times we can shake our heads, on writing and in person are two different things.
i hope you can meet an innmate or two soon ChrisandShellie, you are always welcome here if you are out our way. Face time is very valuable..
heart.gif

Thanks, J. You are welcome here as well. :)

Lucky you! You have a lovely inn and are poised to being an independent business person! The renovations sound wonderful. Sending you lots of luck on this new phase of your in keeping adventure!
Thanks! We both just have a wonderful feeling about this upcoming season. We had to hit the ground running last year, but we've been able to plan and get ready this time. Thanks for the good luck wishes! :)

Back