US Local Business Association

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, before I get all excited that I won award, did everyone else get the same email from this company?

Yep..several inns here have gotten this same award...catch is...you have to Pay to get the actual award. This is a scam..sorry!!!!

No, but I got another letter to be in some prestigious business Who's Who
teeth_smile.gif

Yep..several inns here have gotten this same award...catch is...you have to Pay to get the actual award. This is a scam..sorry!!!!.
catlady said:
Yep..several inns here have gotten this same award...catch is...you have to Pay to get the actual award. This is a scam..sorry!!!!
Yeah, I thought I had gotten this before and that was the catch.

Help! For some reason I am not seeing the email or what ever Bree listed showing the 'award notification' she is referring to. What am I missing and how do I correct this?

Help! For some reason I am not seeing the email or what ever Bree listed showing the 'award notification' she is referring to. What am I missing and how do I correct this?.
Copperhead said:
Help! For some reason I am not seeing the email or what ever Bree listed showing the 'award notification' she is referring to. What am I missing and how do I correct this?
I didn't post the email. Sorry for the confusion.
Received it this morning saying my B&B had been chosen as 'X Town's Local Business Award Winner' and saying I could pick up the 'award' on their website. I thought I had posted about this last year but with a slightly different twist. The twist being we had been nominated for this award. Now, it appears, we've won it!
wink_smile.gif

Help! For some reason I am not seeing the email or what ever Bree listed showing the 'award notification' she is referring to. What am I missing and how do I correct this?.
Copperhead said:
I didn't post the email. Sorry for the confusion.
Received it this morning saying my B&B had been chosen as 'X Town's Local Business Award Winner' and saying I could pick up the 'award' on their website. I thought I had posted about this last year but with a slightly different twist. The twist being we had been nominated for this award. Now, it appears, we've won it!
wink_smile.gif

YEAH..now you've won it..so you really have to pay to get it. Gheez how dumb do they think people are????

Thanks Bree, thought I was missing something especially when others replied knowing what you were referring to.
I have gotten several 'award notifications' too in the past, only to find out they want $. Reply but beware.

Thanks Bree, thought I was missing something especially when others replied knowing what you were referring to.
I have gotten several 'award notifications' too in the past, only to find out they want $. Reply but beware..
NO DO NOT REPLY!![/h3]
That is exactly what they want..to know you are out there and they now have your actual email address to pass on to other scammers!!!

I keep being told I have been nominated for more Who's Whos than I ever knew existed. I just love my delete key!!!!

Back