use for jalapeno pepper jelly?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
i bought this jelly at a farmers' market. the samples were a dob of the jelly and a dob of whipped cream cheese on a cracker.
it is the mildest one and still had a kick ... for me. one sample, and i was sold.
the seller said some people get a block of cream cheese and spread the jelly over it, serve with crackers. the cream cheese is a nice balance to the kick. (the family has already dug into the bumbleberry jam). have you served jalapeno pepper jelly? how?

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen it exactly how you had it.

Copperhead

Reaction score
I've used pepper jelly as you described - makes a simple finger food and is great with red wine. I have made a version of this jelly myself using mayhaws and it gets devoured every time.
A little mixed into cold grits before frying adds a really nice flavor and a little kick - great with a fish fry. These are things I make for us, usually a little more reserved in my guest dishes. But I do know a couple of repeats that would give it a go.

Innkeeper To Go

Reaction score
The traditional way to serve it is still the best way, IMHO. Poured over a block of cream cheese and served with crackers. Great mix of flavors and textures that wins just about everyone over.

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
well, next party i think i'll bring it along ... the jelly over cream cheese. probably with a toothpick flag that says 'hot' ... thank you.