use for jalapeno pepper jelly?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i bought this jelly at a farmers' market. the samples were a dob of the jelly and a dob of whipped cream cheese on a cracker.
it is the mildest one and still had a kick ... for me. one sample, and i was sold.
the seller said some people get a block of cream cheese and spread the jelly over it, serve with crackers. the cream cheese is a nice balance to the kick. (the family has already dug into the bumbleberry jam). have you served jalapeno pepper jelly? how?
jamandjelly.jpg

I've used pepper jelly as you described - makes a simple finger food and is great with red wine. I have made a version of this jelly myself using mayhaws and it gets devoured every time.
A little mixed into cold grits before frying adds a really nice flavor and a little kick - great with a fish fry. These are things I make for us, usually a little more reserved in my guest dishes. But I do know a couple of repeats that would give it a go.

The traditional way to serve it is still the best way, IMHO. Poured over a block of cream cheese and served with crackers. Great mix of flavors and textures that wins just about everyone over.

well, next party i think i'll bring it along ... the jelly over cream cheese. probably with a toothpick flag that says 'hot' ... thank you.

Back