Use of "FAQ" on your website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was considering a "general" menu item for my website, I thought of using "FAQ's". The idea was to group things like: are there restaurants nearby? what is the difference between B&B and Hotels? Do you have parking?, etc, etc?.
I looked at this forums members websites and as far as I can see no one is using FAQ's, apart the Innspiring.com website itself. Can somebody enlighten me, is using FAQ's as a navigation tool a no no in hospitality websites?

Good morning,
We have a FAQ section. It is alphabetized (for ease of topic location) & I refer almost every inquiry there as we address most questions. It saves me re-typing 100's of times the same info.
Example: Beaches (descriptions & proximity), Bed sizes(often folks outside of the US aren't sure what a "full" vs. "queen" vs. "twin" size is), Bicycles (where to get, how to rent, we coordinate)... just three topics addressed under the "B" section.
We have a lot of info. there about our island in general (which ARE FAQs), so it's a really good resource.

Bommelhoeve said:
I looked at this forums members websites and as far as I can see no one is using FAQ's, apart the Innspiring.com website itself.
There are definitely some out there. This is not my website but this B&B has an FAQ page which I would like to steal one of these days. Several B&B association websites have them, also.

I think it is a great idea. Many B & B's probably just think their policies page covers most things...but an FAQ page like was shared...I think would be a good thing and then you can say...see our FAQ page.

I like a FAQs page as well, I opted for the site map which lists things and where to find them on the website.
I would hate to omit the policies on the FAQs page tho as some would go there thinking that is where they would be, so the FAQs page could end up VERY lengthy.
Because we have many first time B&B goers, we do have the odd innfo here and there where they will read it "What to expect when I stay at a B&B" etc etc.

I like a FAQs page as well, I opted for the site map which lists things and where to find them on the website.
I would hate to omit the policies on the FAQs page tho as some would go there thinking that is where they would be, so the FAQs page could end up VERY lengthy.
Because we have many first time B&B goers, we do have the odd innfo here and there where they will read it "What to expect when I stay at a B&B" etc etc..
Joey Bloggs said:
Since we have a policies page, I think I would put a link to that right at the top of the FAQs page - you know, for our cancellation/pets/children policies please go to our policies page. Or, make that the first FAQ, in brief, and link to the policies page.
Some of the FAQs on the inn I posted are obviously very specific to that B&B, which is good.

Back