Useful Websites, Information and Applications for Social Media and Business

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Useful Websites, Information and Applications for Social Media and Business [/COLOR]http://bit.ly/sdlSGB
Chefforfeng has put together this useful list - I hope you will bookmark it as it is a very valuable resource and a tool you should have in your toolbox if you do anything online for your business! I would recommend also following her on Twitter, she has a ton of useful tweets. Thank you Chefforfeng!

I am still trying to figure out how to feed a client's blog postings to their Facebook account. I have read lots of stuff and watched youtube, but seems like now it doesn't work with the new timeline set up.
Anyone have some insight as to how I can accomplish this now?
Here's what facebook is telling me now: [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]We want you to connect with your fans in the most effective ways possible. That's why as of September 30th you'll no longer be able to automatically import posts from your website to your Page notes. The best way to get people to interact with your content is to give them insight into the links you share on your Wall by adding personal comments and responding to feedback from fans.[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] [/COLOR]

I am still trying to figure out how to feed a client's blog postings to their Facebook account. I have read lots of stuff and watched youtube, but seems like now it doesn't work with the new timeline set up.
Here's what facebook is telling me now: [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]We want you to connect with your fans in the most effective ways possible. That's why as of September 30th you'll no longer be able to automatically import posts from your website to your Page notes. The best way to get people to interact with your content is to give them insight into the links you share on your Wall by adding personal comments and responding to feedback from fans.[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] [/COLOR].
I struggled with this however it works if you set it up from the Twitter end rather than the facebook end if that makes any sence?

Here's what facebook is telling me now: [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]We want you to connect with your fans in the most effective ways possible. That's why as of September 30th you'll no longer be able to automatically import posts from your website to your Page notes. The best way to get people to interact with your content is to give them insight into the links you share on your Wall by adding personal comments and responding to feedback from fans.[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)] [/COLOR].
I struggled with this however it works if you set it up from the Twitter end rather than the facebook end if that makes any sence?
But I don't want Twitter, You can't feed a blog to it. can you? Too many characters. She doesn't do Twitter anyway.

Twitter might be an effective vehicle to get it to Facebook even though you don't want to use Twitter per se. And because Twitter has a limited # of characters allowed, you are required to include a link that will take them back to the blog post. So, the link is already there when Twitter then sends it to Facebook. Give it a try to see how it flows.
Have you thought about using Hoot Suite? It has alot of features to incorporate all your social media into one program and allows you to schedule posts to publish at later times/days. It's nice to be able to spend a day creating alot of content and then spreading it out throughout the day.

Back