Uses for mint?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I got some mint at the CSA yesterday. Besides mojitos or iced tea, what can I use it for?

Me too. Its everywhere in the garden and super easy to grow. I think its expecially pretty as a fruit garnish. I garnish with flowers too.

Me too. Its everywhere in the garden and super easy to grow. I think its expecially pretty as a fruit garnish. I garnish with flowers too..
The Farmers Daughter said:
Me too. Its everywhere in the garden and super easy to grow. I think its expecially pretty as a fruit garnish. I garnish with flowers too.
Do you use nasturtiums?

One of the best gardening tips I ever got was to plant mint in its plastic pot with bottom cut out. That way it doesn't take over your whole garden - not for a few years, anyway.

Community Supported Agriculture. You buy a share of farm proceeds for the season- we have three or four of them available here. They're kinda fun - new veggies to try, usually.
And I just got back from the farmers mkt! Bought some lavendar & rosemary soap and some new peas. Tried some fried cheese & lamb sausage, yum. One vendor had beautiful peony & wildflower bouquets for 5 bucks and hubs had just bought a standard grocery store bouquet for $15. What a waste.

One of the best gardening tips I ever got was to plant mint in its plastic pot with bottom cut out. That way it doesn't take over your whole garden - not for a few years, anyway..
Oooh, good tip! I've spent the last several years battling the mint here in the herb garden. Some years I win, some years the mint wins. But the dogs absolutely love it, so at least I'm not throwing away what I pull out.

I have it by the water spigot and I keep hoping it will take over and hide it... but we use it for almost every fruit garnish so it gets pruned a LOT. I even take some out in the fall and put it in a pot so that I have some through the winter. I have other herbs growing that I never use, partly because of time... I think they're sage, lavender, thyme, and something else (basil maybe?).
=)
Kk.

I have it by the water spigot and I keep hoping it will take over and hide it... but we use it for almost every fruit garnish so it gets pruned a LOT. I even take some out in the fall and put it in a pot so that I have some through the winter. I have other herbs growing that I never use, partly because of time... I think they're sage, lavender, thyme, and something else (basil maybe?).
=)
Kk..
Basil is great in a salad. Finely chop a few basil leaves and add them to your tossed salad and you will get rave reviews. It does not take much but it adds a bit of something different. I use a lot of sage and parsley in the herb bread. The mint is garnish and I have used it in recipes that call for mint flavoring. VERY finely chopped makes chocolate mint pudding - or did while I was still eating & enjoying chocolate pudding.......
Forgot, I have also finely chopped a couple mint leaves and added to scrambled eggs. Turned out nicely.

i just love cream cheese & chive scrambled eggs! I love basil with some yummy crusty bread, garden tomatoes & feta! a very easy appetizer for guests. our guests love em!

Community Supported Agriculture. You buy a share of farm proceeds for the season- we have three or four of them available here. They're kinda fun - new veggies to try, usually.
We joined a CSA this summer. The produce is now starting to really come in and we can't eat enough veggies.but I just share them with friends too. Trying to eat healthier is a good thing...

muirford said:
Down here, CSA stands for the Confederate States of America! The South SHALL rise again!
smiley-char124.gif

Me too. Its everywhere in the garden and super easy to grow. I think its expecially pretty as a fruit garnish. I garnish with flowers too..
Do you use nasturtiums?
Proud Texan said:
Do you use nasturtiums?
I have, but not growing them this year. I have rosemary, basil , oregano, thyme and mint in.

Back